Duterte says presidency no job for a woman because of their emotional differences to men.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shady said:

nice thread tags "harmless joke" "simple fact" :biggrin:

So here is a leader who isn't afraid to flex and state his opinion...any opinion. Doubtful the locals can truly appreciate that but I certainly do.

Some opinions are best kept to oneself. IMO.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

What a sad life it would be if we felt we couldnt share opinions.. .were not in North Korea

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Some opinions are best kept to oneself. IMO.

Sometimes you have to say things to get an honest answer.  Too often due to political correctness the wrong thing gets done just to please those that are living in a World full of rainbows and fluffy clouds.  Personally I know of a few women who made great leaders an even more who were elevated to positions ( not just in politics) just to keep quotas up. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Personally I know of a few women who made great leaders an even more who were elevated to positions ( not just in politics) just to keep quotas up. 

So you don't think it was on merit?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Freebie said:

What a sad life it would be if we felt we couldnt share opinions.. .were not in North Korea

No, we're not and luckily we have laws to protect us from discrimination- unlike North Korean citizens.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Sometimes you have to say things to get an honest answer.  Too often due to political correctness the wrong thing gets done just to please those that are living in a World full of rainbows and fluffy clouds.  Personally I know of a few women who made great leaders an even more who were elevated to positions ( not just in politics) just to keep quotas up. 

To keep quotas up, or to redress the balance due to the discrimination many face?  

I reckon the ones who don't believe discrimination and it's effects are real are the ones living in a world full of rainbows and fluffy clouds.  

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Freebie said:

He didn't say we "couldn't share opinions" he said some things should be kept to oneself.

My old granny once said to me (and it was one of the wisest things I have ever been told) "If you aint got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all".

And she was right, nothing good ever came of putting down other people just for the sake of doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

To keep quotas up, or to redress the balance due to the discrimination many face?  

I reckon the ones who don't believe discrimination and it's effects are real are the ones living in a world full of rainbows and fluffy clouds.  

I believe the best person for a job should get it regardless of sex.  We're talking running a country here not serving McDonalds.   I've came across my fair share of people elevated way above their abilities just to appease people.  All it achieves is to piss off those that strive to be the best but know they'll never get their as they don't fit in with the quota. 

Here's one guy that knows what he's talking about and keeps an open mind only looking at actual data over thousands of studies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVvOv1UwJLA

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

So you don't think it was on merit?

Some definitely don't get things on merit.  I was just reading yesterday about a middle aged man winning a job tribunal after coming well ahead of all candidates on a job interview.  The job was given to a woman in her twenties instead as the employers thought it more fitting.  I've seen similar in the military, a male soldier on average has to achieve higher standards of fitness and compete against more peers.  When I served on average it took about 4 yrs to get your first promotion and you were competing against at least 20 others.  Once they let women in they were getting promoted after 2yrs and consistently underachieved in what is a very physical role. Positive discrimination they called it and it started the rot of guys leaving the forces in droves as they knew they would be overlooked for promotion, similar in the Police Forces and Fire Service. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

Some definitely don't get things on merit. 

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg But many do but then, we are not talking Promotion here are we ? we are talking Elected persons  and that to me is a whole different ball game

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic