New member interested in how Covid-19 is...

dudeabiding
Posted
Posted

... affecting folks there in the Philippines. Are you able to get out to the store, restaurants, malls? I am hoping to visit there later in the year. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:   As Scott wrote in his post you are can most to most malls, etc.  Very large gatherings are still not allowed.  A few areas are still not selling alcohol.  Anyone coming into the country is required to undergo testing and quarantine.  The country is trying to relax rules to prevent further erosion of the economy but it appears it will be a rather long process.  Visitors, for the most part, are not being allowed into the country, unknown when that will be relaxed.  

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, dudeabiding said:

... affecting folks there in the Philippines. Are you able to get out to the store, restaurants, malls? I am hoping to visit there later in the year. Thank you in advance.

Welcome.jpg Maybe our new friend, you could enlighten us as to how we are differing from where you are at present, we do get some different stories at times :tiphat:

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, dudeabiding said:

Welcome mate, 

You may be "abiding" for a while (yes I'm a fan of that movie too).  Currently, unless you're a national, married to a national, or have children in PI, you aren't allowed entry.  Upon entry, there's a 14 day hotel quarantine period and then if you move between islands, a further 14 day quarantine if, and only if you fulfil movement documentary and other requirements.  The situation is in flux right now and they're there's mutterings of a "vaccination passport" but nothing solid yet.  I'd suggest you stay in touch with your local PI consulate to stay on top of the changes; even then, it may not be entirely accurate. 

• Like 5

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I know a Pinoy couple who returned to Cebu from the US recently. My wife says they had to quarantine for 2 weeks and were put up at a 5-star hotel at government expense. I find that hard to believe. Anyone know if the gov't pays for the hotel?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Anyone know if the gov't pays for the hotel?

News to me,,,probably chismis...........A friend of my wifes returned from the states and stayed at a 4 star at HER OWN expense. The way I read the papers the only ones who get free Q lodging are OFWs and they are not 5 star :89:

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

I know a Pinoy couple who returned to Cebu from the US recently. My wife says they had to quarantine for 2 weeks and were put up at a 5-star hotel at government expense. I find that hard to believe. Anyone know if the gov't pays for the hotel?

The official line is returning OFWs quarantine at no personal expense even swab tests. The accommodation is lower status hotel or even a tented complex.

Everyone else it's find your own and pay for it yourself

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, dudeabiding said:

Later in the year could mean anything said here is out of date as rules change so who knows what later in the year will bring and it will almost definitely depend on where you intend to go and your status such as tourist? 

Many topics on this forum about the virus.

• Like 2

Terry P
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jollygoodfellow said:

Later in the year could mean anything said here is out of date as rules change so who knows what later in the year will bring and it will almost definitely depend on where you intend to go and your status such as tourist? 

Many topics on this forum about the virus.

Agreed JGF things change almost on a daily basis. My take is as it is now. As we all know tourists to date is a big no-no

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic