13 Quota immigrants Visa or SRRV Special Resident Retiree’s Visa.

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted

Dear members,

I intend to move to the Philippines for the long run.
I consider "13 Quota immigrants Visa" or "SRRV Special Resident Retiree’s Visa."

Visas are to be applied when in the country, but since tourist visas are until further notice only 30 days (what way can i extend my stay while i apply for the visas)?
I've heard of Motion for a Reconsideration. Is this something i can get in an immigration office of the chosen city, and is it easy to get? How long is this extension usually?

I also I need to understand under the SRRV if I can still work for EU and/or Filipino companies?

Your knowledge and experience is much appreciated!

Stay safe!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

Visas are to be applied when in the country, but since tourist visas are until further notice only 30 days (what way can i extend my stay while i apply for the visas)?

As a tourist you can not come here at the moment. When life goes back to normal you have 3 years as a tourist if you extend when required. SRRV is currently suspended. 

Not the time to be even thinking about this. 

• Like 3

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As a tourist you can not come here at the moment. When life goes back to normal you have 3 years as a tourist if you extend when required. SRRV is currently suspended. 

Not the time to be even thinking about this. 

Absolutely, the borders are closed and we need to wait!
I like to prepare in advance, so it's good to have the info ahead of time.

The 3 years extension is the Motion for a Reconsideration or something else? What is it called?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, f5m9v6 said:

I like to prepare in advance, so it's good to have the info ahead of time.

Said with tongue in cheek my Friend I think you can forget 2021 Remember where we are, Life is just not easy Travelling within the Philippines let alone Tourist wanting to come in, Don't want to sound Too Negative But........... It is what it is :wink:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, f5m9v6 said:

The 3 years extension is the Motion for a Reconsideration or something else? What is it called?

First in normal times you can arrive visa free from most countries

Then your first extension is 29 days after your 30 free days

Then you can extended from one month, 2 and used to be 6 at a time.  I believe the 6 months is suspended at the moment.

So in this example we are talking about tourist extending their visa only and leaving the country before 36 months is up. 

To me its just called visa extensions. Motion for reconsideration is for overstayers who visa has expired. https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/motion-for-reconsideration-on-updating-and-extension-of-authorized-stay

But in your first post you were asking about quota and SSRV. Here is the info for Quota visa, https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/quota-visa

SRRV, https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

• Like 2

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Said with tongue in cheek my Friend I think you can forget 2021 Remember where we are, Life is just not easy Travelling within the Philippines let alone Tourist wanting to come in, Don't want to sound Too Negative But........... It is what it is :wink:

I agree. It is what it is! :)
I don't care if i have to wait until 2022. Time goes by fast anyway!
it's just to know what to expect...

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

First in normal times you can arrive visa free from most countries

Then your first extension is 29 days after your 30 free days

Then you can extended from one month, 2 and used to be 6 at a time.  I believe the 6 months is suspended at the moment.

So in this example we are talking about tourist extending their visa only and leaving the country before 36 months is up. 

To me its just called visa extensions. Motion for reconsideration is for overstayers who visa has expired. https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/motion-for-reconsideration-on-updating-and-extension-of-authorized-stay

But in your first post you were asking about quota and SSRV. Here is the info for Quota visa, https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/quota-visa

SRRV, https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

Thank you jollygoodfellow!
That was informational!

Have a good evening!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, f5m9v6 said:

I intend to move to the Philippines for the long run.

Hello f5

When I look at your profile it says Location:Philippines.  Are you already here?

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hello f5

When I look at your profile it says Location:Philippines.  Are you already here?

Sorry i changed that. I chose it when i created my profile. Thinking ahead...
No i am not yet in the Philippines.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Under the SRRV in theory you can work... Philippines has a lot of " in theory situations"... in practice you still have to get a work permit and that maybe hard.... and with millions of Filipinos out of work it may have gotten considerably harder.

SRRV visa is the easy one ( once you have got the thing... a few hurdles to get it, including the No Criminal record which depending on where you from varies from easy to get to hard to get . But once obtained, no annual reporting, and card can be extended for 3 years so its hassle free.

however, during pandemic its clear that Philippine Retirement Authority isnt a department that carries any weight in govt circles.. and the term resident in the Retirement visa has been totally ignored and our residency deemed as irrelevant.  Before pandemic, was an excellent visa to have... post pandemic its clear we are not well , or even regarded by the Phil government, despite depositing USD20,000 in their banks........

• Like 2