Papa has expired from Covid...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sad to report that L's Dad just passed away this afternoon. He had the swab test and was positive for Covid...

He had been feeling ill for a while and no one is certain where he might have contracted this. It is also not a time or place to try to see if it was really the virus that killed him or just his old age (90+) and other infirmities... Not a time to go there...

We wanted to visit him in Mati but it cost P7,000 per person for a swab test that would take 5 hours or more for results. After paying that amount to install him in a private hospital, plus one of the family as a care giver for another P7,000 - it was getting a bit pricey. Of course, life is priceless... we both know that, but we also could not really visit Papa anyway... 

The private hospital was charging P3,000/day exclusive of doctors, treatments or medications...

Just information for anyone in the forum... Sad days for us here...:sad:

I forgot to mention that, upon receipt of Papa's positive test results, visitors were subsequently prohibited.

Edited by Tommy T.
Forgot a comment
  • Sad 15

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Just information for anyone in the forum... Sad days for us here...:sad:

Sad indeed Tom and Condolences to "L" and the Family and you of course But Given the current bad reporting on Deaths, I Would ask what the DC said, Morbid as it is and I do apologize for asking but given what we are reading of late I do think it is an important indication of the truth we sometimes are asked to believe, again My family send Condolences and hope "L" can get through this  :mellow: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)

My condolences. to you and L and family.

Edited by jimeve
grammar
  • Thanks 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Yes a sad time indeed!  Condolences to you and the family from ours.

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thinking of you both 

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear mate, thinking of you both.  

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Condolences, sorry to hear of your loss.

• Thanks 1

KC813
Posted
Posted

Tommy-  Only if you wish, tell us one of your favorite stories of him. 

Anyone who has read your posts for years knows your wife is a person of exceptional character and abilities.  Perhaps some of these traits came from her father and will continue to live on with her.

Thank you for the reminder that these endless numbers we hear (regardless of the cause) are actually real people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Very sad indeed Tommy, he was 90+ a great old age with no doubt many fond memories. 

For yourself and your lovely L are able to move on, it really tears the heart strings to know how others without resources manage to stay the course.

Wishes to you both. 

• Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic