Wengs Easy Internet Cafe - Missing

Macky
Posted
Posted

Hi is anyone familiar with this business ? It operated from 2007 - 2008. The address is 
BLK 10 LOT 115

PH 2 EAST WIND 

BRGY . SAN ISIDRO , MONTALBAN

RIZAL, PHILIPPINES 1860. See the attached file. Please let me know if you are familiar with this business or the area

854B59FF-0F28-41C6-8C6F-376CE487D771.jpeg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Macky said:

Hi is anyone familiar with this business ?

Can you tell us why?

Macky
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Can you tell us why?

Sure thing, and thanks for asking. I was very good friends with the business owner who happened to live there at the time. As most people sometimes did, the business was ran out of their home. When I last communicated with the owner, they had taken ill. This was when I realized that TB was very common to that area. I then lost contact. During the last communication, the owner said that they were not well, and then communications stopped. 

my fear is the owner has passed away . This fear has haunted me for years but I didn’t have any other way to reach out other than email.. mind you this was pre Facebook and what’s app and all sorts of easy ways we have now to communicate.

please let me know if you have any additional questions .. I will be happy to answer them..

Thanks 

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Not sure but I guess you could try to get in touch with the City/barangay who might have business records from that time?  Unless a member lived in that area during that time frame and remembers that's one of the only ways I can think of other than your typical internet search on your friends name?

Good luck.😀

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Google- Assuming the same Wengs? 

More Information About Weng's Easy Internet Cafe
Established in August 2006, Weng's Easy Internet Cafe is located in the beautiful islands of The Philippines. In June 2007, our location changed, and we upgraded our facilities and hardware to better suit the Internet access needs of people just like you!
Weng's Easy Internet Cafe Rodriguez Rizal 1860 address and phone

Block 10 Lot 115, Phase 2 Eastwind Homes, San Rafa | Rodriguez Rizal 1860 |

• Like 2

Macky
Posted
Posted
On 3/8/2021 at 2:33 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Can you tell us why?

Ha.. Thanks ! I actually setup that site for the owner!! Those are my words, lol.. too funny. I took the site down after I lost contact.. I guess this proves that nothing ever leaves the web once’s it’s out there! I think I named the site wengsinternatecafe.com.. wow memories.. 

I googled the name of course as a starting point but the first and last name is VERY common to the region..

• Like 1

Macky
Posted
Posted
On 3/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, Balisidar said:

Not sure but I guess you could try to get in touch with the City/barangay who might have business records from that time?  Unless a member lived in that area during that time frame and remembers that's one of the only ways I can think of other than your typical internet search on your friends name?

Good luck.😀

Thanks , searching for the name was the first thing I did.. As mentioned below the name is very common to that area so that was a bit of a dead end.. 

i was really hoping that I could find something like the Philippine obituary archives or something like that and search for the name. Because of our last communication I’m certain they have passed away due to illness but just wanted a bit of closure.. 

thanks 

• Like 1

Macky
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Google- Assuming the same Wengs? 

More Information About Weng's Easy Internet Cafe
Established in August 2006, Weng's Easy Internet Cafe is located in the beautiful islands of The Philippines. In June 2007, our location changed, and we upgraded our facilities and hardware to better suit the Internet access needs of people just like you!
Weng's Easy Internet Cafe Rodriguez Rizal 1860 address and phone

Block 10 Lot 115, Phase 2 Eastwind Homes, San Rafa | Rodriguez Rizal 1860 |

Ha.. Thanks ! I actually setup that site for the owner!! I was the web master and Those actually are my words, lol.. too funny. I took the site down after I lost contact.. I guess this proves that nothing ever leaves the web once it’s out there! I think named the site wengsinternetcafe.com.. wow memories..

I googled the name of course as a starting point but the first and last name is VERY common to the region.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Macky said:

I think named the site wengsinternetcafe.com.. wow memories..

The info came from some directory site. After all this time I dont see the point of pursuing the outcome. We have no idea of the ages of who your looking for or if it would be expected that by now they would have expired. If good friends you would know if they have kids and their names perhaps and most likely they will have Facebook or something.

Personally I think the search here on this forum has come to the end of the road. 

• Like 2

Macky
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The info came from some directory site. After all this time I dont see the point of pursuing the outcome. We have no idea of the ages of who your looking for or if it would be expected that by now they would have expired. If good friends you would know if they have kids and their names perhaps and most likely they will have Facebook or something.

Personally I think the search here on this forum has come to the end of the road. 

Right you are .. The owner did have children. A boy and a girl..They were around 7 and 10 respectively in 2008. I have everyone's name and ages but I didn't want to post that info in an open forum such as this. I have checked FB and Instagram but that led to another dead end because their names are common as well and people can setup Aliases instead of using their real names. Again I was really just hoping to get closure by locating an obituary. Those are typically more common than death records and certificates. That latter is personal to the families..

Thanks for your reply. Maybe someone on this site will see the picture Ive added and at least provide info on what happened to the owner.. What are your thoughts on posting a picture of the owner here? I don't think that's getting to personal.

Much appreciated

- M

• Like 3