Wengs Easy Internet Cafe - Missing

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Macky said:

Maybe someone on this site will see the picture Ive added and at least provide info on what happened to the owner.. What are your thoughts on posting a picture of the owner here? I don't think that's getting to personal.

I doubt if anyone will know the person. Not many foreigners use internet cafes so probably never seen him.

Have you tried looking for Facebook groups in the last known address area and post something there? 

"P2"
Posted
Posted

Just for the record, the gentleman who started this thread is a friend of mine and co-worker that I have worked with for many years. He reached out to me for help and has pretty much explained everything this is to know on this topic. I can vouch for him, if that means anything. Because my wife is from the Philippines and I have asked many a questions here and you guys have helped me out in that regard, I suggested my friend make an inquiry here hoping that it might bare some fruit. Rest assured that there is nothing sinister going on here... just a genuine reaching out for some help. In the U.S. each state has their own Bureau of Vital Statistics where they keep birth and death records. Is there any such thing in the Philippines that keep records like that? Any further suggestions you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, "P2" said:

Is there any such thing in the Philippines that keep records like that?

Closest thing is

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/requesting-civil-registry-document/death-certificate/

But I can't see how that would help you.

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Closest thing is

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/requesting-civil-registry-document/death-certificate/

But I can't see how that would help you.

Yep.  That's about it for records here since local records get sent to the PSA. From what I've seen here obituaries aren't really a thing.  I've tried to do some genealogical research on my wife's family and have come up short on any real record keeping.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, "P2" said:

Just for the record, the gentleman who started this thread is a friend of mine and co-worker that I have worked with for many years. He reached out to me for help and has pretty much explained everything this is to know on this topic. I can vouch for him, if that means anything

Well no one is doubting the OP but in reality there is nothing else we can suggest to help his search. Why bother comes to mind but each for their own. 

• Like 1