[2021-03-09] 13A Visa Intramuros Update **Implementation" with notes

• 2 weeks later...
DaveB
Posted
Posted

This was a great post to read.  I checked in here as I'm waiting for my 13A to process.  I note all your angst on just what to expect every time you engage this arena, and being prepared for any ambush that comes along.  Glad to hear it went so well, ultimately.  I'm working with the BI office in Angeles City whish is thankfully not so crowded, and I think a tad more informal, but it has its own quirks.

Having said all that: the reason I came to this topic was to ask a simple question: can I have confidence in that link on the BI website that is supposed to retrieve info on an approved application...the one where you enter your OR number.  From what I can see, it is only a "yes" or "no" query - so nothing comes back at all unless the visa is approved...no other status information.  Kinda leaves ya nervous if you have the aforementioned cynicism over just how well a government website is functioning.  Is it the general opinion that the "approved" search is dependable and accurate?  Does anyone know of any other source where you can check to see just where your application is in the flow, like maybe asking a BI agent to look it up for you?  The only other thing I know to do is check those big Agenda spreadsheet lists that they post every two weeks and make sure I'm not on the "Denied" list.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DaveB said:

Is it the general opinion that the "approved" search is dependable and accurate?  Does anyone know of any other source where you can check to see just where your application is in the flow, like maybe asking a BI agent to look it up for you?  The only other thing I know to do is check those big Agenda spreadsheet lists that they post every two weeks and make sure I'm not on the "Denied" list.

That Approved Search didn't exist when I did my 13A 3 years ago, and the Agenda list was fine for me.  I think they uploaded the agenda list weekly back then.

In any case, wait a week and/or call the local office to make sure they have it.  When I was approved I mistakenly went over to the Balanga BI to get in after a few days, and they did not have it yet.  Left my number and they called me a few days later.

Pampanga is locked up tight again.  Hopefully that does not impact your ability to pickup the visa.

DaveB
Posted
Posted

I found my name and OR number on the agenda list of January 28.  Now, those lists are published every two weeks, but they only seem to include either new submission batches, or denials.  I've never found my name on any of the spreadsheets since it was listed, so completely in the dark as to where it is in the process.  I might be a month or two away from being completed anyway, but if my record doesn't come up on aa "approved" search, and it doesn't come up on a "denied" list, all I can do is assume it's in work and someday it will come back in some final status.

I may just go down to the Angeles City BI office, ask them if all this is normal, and see if they offer any assistance in tracking current status.  It's not an over busy office, but it's hard to get past that guy in the lobby who does the initial "what are you here for - let's see your forms" screening.

Most of the new agenda lists are around 200 pages of unsearchable spreadsheets.  All you can do is scroll until you find your BI office, and then go through it line by line.  This last one posted, that I saw for the first time today, is 365 pages plus.  Must be sweeping up the holiday backlog.  Real tedious to work through that much microdata.

DaveB
Posted
Posted

And yeah...Pampanga is back in lockdown.  Only one or two members of a household, between the ages of 18 and 60, are allowed out to go to the market.  I fail both ends of that age bracket.  So I'm not gonna do much at all for at least the next 2 weeks.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, DaveB said:

Most of the new agenda lists are around 200 pages of unsearchable spreadsheets.  All you can do is scroll until you find your BI office, and then go through it line by line.  This last one posted, that I saw for the first time today, is 365 pages plus.  Must be sweeping up the holiday backlog.  Real tedious to work through that much microdata.

Dave, send me a PM with your name on the 13A.  Then when the new file is posted send me a reminder.  I can search it for you quickly.  I convert it from PDF to Excel and then it can be searched.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, DaveB said:

I'm working with the BI office in Angeles City

Was it difficult getting a job at the Bi:whistling:

• Haha 3

DaveB
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, send me a PM with your name on the 13A.  Then when the new file is posted send me a reminder.  I can search it for you quickly.  I convert it from PDF to Excel and then it can be searched.  

Hmmm...hold that thought.  I'm actually a decades long EXCEL user...but it never occurred to me to import a .pdf file.  It's obvious these Agenda dumps are either spreadsheets, or maybe formatted reports out of a database, converted to .pdf (I'd hate to think they're just one big WORD table).  I'm gonna go play with those files and see what I can do, if nothing else because it will give me something to do while in lock down.  I have to start with checking to see if I need to have Adobe Acrobat advanced, or I can pull it off just using vanilla Acrobat reader.  Anyway, let me poke at it and if I hit a wall, I'll be in touch for technical support.

Just to clarify...I did find my name when it first appeared in the Jan 28 Agenda dump.  It's on page 175 and shows my 13A has been submitted (though at that point it does NOT show it was assigned to a lawyer for review), but that's where I also got my OR number.  My main struggle is that I haven't ever seen my name come up again since then on any of the bi-weekly Agenda dumps.  The last four or five pages of these things show those that have been "denied", and thankfully I haven't popped up on any of those lists.  But there doesn't seem to be any occasional indication of status changes as the submission works its way through the review process.  Just "submitted", long silence, and at the other end "approved" or "denied".  My angst is my paranoia from not knowing if this thing is even being administered and isn't laying on the floor behind someone's desk right now.  There doesn 't seem to be any way to query anyone or anything to check where it is right now.  If that's all there is, then future reviews won't tell me anything until it comes up on that "Approved" query, or it comes up on the "Denied" list, and I just need to keep checking those and have faith in the process.

Anyway...I'm gonna go play with this new electronic toy box for a bit, just for grins.  After my 20 years in the USMC, I spent 25 years as an IT Project Manager - can't help myself.  Along the way, I may have established some specific thoughts on just what a "user friendly" interface is supposed to be, and I may need to just let it go for my own peace of mind.  MIght be another necessary cultural adjustment.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Hmmm...hold that thought.  I'm actually a decades long EXCEL user..

I was going to tell you how I do it, but after a few experiments, it would not work the way I do it, without paying.

I use https://www.freepdfconvert.com/ for all kinds of PDF work.  I liked it and needed it a lot last year and this year due to selling my house remotely and now working on my family's US visas.  So I bought a monthly subscription.

I tried using the free PDF to Excel, but it will only do the first two pages.  So I used the pay version to convert the PDF to Excel.  If you don't want to pay and can't find another way, I am happy to do it for you.

t

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well, from looking at the visa agenda pages... if your wife is called Marites, then I'd say it (13A) has been approved... as the expiry date of January 28th, 2022 is listed. 

That is how it appeared on my approval listing.

After that, I received a phone call from my local BI office, confirming the approval, and asking me to come to have my passport stamped...which I did, the next day. 

Fingers crossed for you sir. :thumbsup: