Local Infrastructure

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I just wanted to make a note that, at least here in Davao, there are a LOT of improvement projects ongoing.

Duterte's term ends in just one year.  This is how he thanks the people who got him elected.  Its how things are done in the Philippines.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Part of the Build Build Build program.  Unfortunately in our area some of the "new" concrete roads are already cracking, setting, crumbling, etc.  Rumors persist that a protion of the cement was stolen and sold to building contractors so the concrete used in the roads is substandard.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

We here in Bacolod have on going road construction, especially the nightly laying of asphalt. It does make a beautiful smooth finish, being laid only on concrete I trust it may last longer. Still with these huge over loaded cane trucks one can but wonder.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

My perspective seems to be that virtually every major and many minor streets are being fixed up.

We live between Metro Manila and the provincial areas of Cavite and Laguna, so almost all North South traffic goes by our area in some way.

So far in the last 4 years they have replaced all the main sewer and water lines (naturally located under main roads :hystery:), There is an LRT between Cavite and metro manila being constructed. Not sure what they are but I see what I believe to be new fiber optic cables going in all over. 

The only thing is as soon as the Traffic in one are clears up it seems they start a new project around the corner.

Progress is great,,,I just wish it wasnt so painful :2245_safe:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Progress is great,,,I just wish it wasnt so painful :2245_safe:

Yeah... that's my minor issue here. I cannot drive anywhere without encountering major road/sewer/mains constructions or installations. It will be great if/when it is ever finished!

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Just the other day I was dodging traffic on our congested roads here....  :unsure:

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Just the other day I was dodging traffic on our congested roads here....  :unsure:

That was close Graham.

• Haha 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Actually, a lot of work has been going on up this way too. The subject of this video is quite close to where I live, in Pangasinan.

Great improvement on the Baguio/La Union/100 Islands, down to Manila route.  :smile:

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, graham59 said:

Couldn"t see the traffic lites.