Local Infrastructure

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well, we are campaigning for lights at that busy junction, but no result so far.  A bit of cement or tarmac would be nice too. :mocking:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Well, we are campaigning for lights at that busy junction, but no result so far.  A bit of cement or tarmac would be nice too. :mocking:

Soon, you will have CTTMO boys there to direct traffic. You may get a ticket for "obstruction!" if you loiter there...:shades:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

It will be great if/when it is ever finished!

Whats worse, is it is just like the States :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

The water department tears up the street, puts in new lines, paves....everything is great. A month later the DENR comes in, tears up the new street, installs culvert drains and repaves.

Then it turned out the drain people nicked a water pipe and..........you guessed it, tear it up and fix the pipe. Our main road has been worked on for well over a year.

Don't know why I expected government agencies to talk to each other, they don't do it in California either :hystery:

• Sad 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, graham59 said:

Actually, a lot of work has been going on up this way too. The subject of this video is quite close to where I live, in Pangasinan.

Great improvement on the Baguio/La Union/100 Islands, down to Manila route.  :smile:

I didn't know that last stretch was open.  We went to Baguio New Year 2020 and of course, never since.  That roundabout appears to be a great improvement too.  I could not make out the sign, but I think that is where the old cock fighting ring was, correct?  At the intersection of Kennon Road?

Never mind.  I just looked at google maps.  That new rotunda is at Marcos Hwy.  Perfect!  And they have a new Burger King right there!  Can't wait!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

You can say that again. :thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, graham59 said:

You can say that again. :thumbsup:

Or I could say it 5 times!  I hit "submit reply" several times.  It would not leave the editing box and still said "submit reply".  I could not get out of the editing box and I finally had just hit "back", thinking I was discarding the post, but it was actually posting each time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Or I could say it 5 times!  I hit "submit reply" several times.  It would not leave the editing box and still said "submit reply".  I could not get out of the editing box and I finally had just hit "back", thinking I was discarding the post, but it was actually posting each time.

But you forgot to copy and paste back your original post. :laugh:

Nevermind.  I did get to read it thanks (5 times :mocking: ) . 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Whats worse, is it is just like the States :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

The water department tears up the street, puts in new lines, paves....everything is great. A month later the DENR comes in, tears up the new street, installs culvert drains and repaves.

Then it turned out the drain people nicked a water pipe and..........you guessed it, tear it up and fix the pipe. Our main road has been worked on for well over a year.

Don't know why I expected government agencies to talk to each other, they don't do it in California either :hystery:

Well, not quite like the U.S.!

In Olongapo, they seem to be on a 4 year plan.  In almost all areas, the storm drains are underneath the concrete sidewalks.

Year 1.  Block the road, dig it up using manual, slow, labor, and install new concrete in the storm drain canal.  Cover the drain with prefab concrete slabs that form a sidewalk.  All with cheap concrete.

Year 2.  Drains are overflowing in heavy rain due to trash in the canal.  Remove sidewalk slabs, scoop out trash with mini-excavator, driving on sidewalk and damaging sidewalk slabs.

Year 3.  Repeat step two.  Sidewalks are now unsafe and unwalkable.  Pedestrians walk in the street, blocking traffic.

Year 4.  Rinse and repeat.  Big party at the mayor's BIL house to celebrate getting a big contract.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, graham59 said:

But you forgot to copy and paste back your original post. :laugh:

Nevermind.  I did get to read it thanks (5 times :mocking: ) . 

Maybe an admin can delete the empty ones.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Maybe an admin can delete the empty ones.

I restored one which looked like a mod hid but was not posted. Anyway if the system is stuck best to just open the forum in a new tab and see if its posted. If not your post should still be in the editor. If you click inside it, It will say something like discard or not.

• Like 1