Philippines travel ban lifted May 1st.....

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Looks the same as they had a few months ago. No tourist.

14 hours ago, graham59 said:

Aliens with immigrant, non-immigrant visas may enter PH beginning May 1

It would appear that a foreigner come in as a tourist provided you obtain a tourist visa from a foreign Philippine embassy prior to travel?  Or am I confused (again)? :whistling:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Or am I confused (again)?

Your not confuse IMHO, the article in the "real" paper said says foreigners with valid visas may enter, them mentioned businessmen, SSRV and 13a holders specifically. As long as they have the test, do quarantine and are within the daily limit.

Having said that, I would not move an inch until I have confirmation from the embassy in my home country.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Mike J said:

It would appear that a foreigner come in as a tourist provided you obtain a tourist visa from a foreign Philippine embassy prior to travel?  Or am I confused (again)? :whistling:

"or Section 9(a) temporary visitors’ visas, may be allowed entry provided they present an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs upon arrival."

So what conditions will they grant an entry exemption. You tell them you want to visit a few bars and swim with the whales. I doubt it :smile:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

"or Section 9(a) temporary visitors’ visas, may be allowed entry provided they present an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs upon arrival."

So what conditions will they grant an entry exemption. You tell them you want to visit a few bars and swim with the whales. I doubt it :smile:

Okay, got it.  Same old $@&? played to a new tune. 🙄

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Your not confuse IMHO, the article in the "real" paper said says foreigners with valid visas may enter, them mentioned businessmen, SSRV and 13a holders specifically. As long as they have the test, do quarantine and are within the daily limit.

Having said that, I would not move an inch until I have confirmation from the embassy in my home country.

I think you're correct on that Scott regarding the 13A holders but what about the vast numbers of spouses that haven't got their  13A visas?  Still no entry for them as I see it.   For me as an unmarried 'Parent of a Filipino Child' I would not currently qualify under the present rules to enter the Phils. Having said that, I haven't actually left yet so hopefully that amendment will get reinstated at some point in the near future. 

• Like 4

Shady
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2021 at 1:10 PM, Old55 said:

They must have a valid and existing visa at the time of entry

Can this only be obtained at an embassy in your home nation?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Shady said:

Thats the way I read it. 

We have just resorted to the way things were 30 years ago. Instead of doing it online and sending your card number for the fee. It seems to me that it would behoove us to go straight to the embassy. 

We are now reduced to the level of household pets. When we moved here, we just jumped on the plane, but had to go to the local consulate to get a visa for our cat :hystery:

• Like 1

softail
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2021 at 2:43 AM, graham59 said:
Additionally, foreign nationals qualified under the government’s Republic Act No. 6768 or the Balikbayan Program may also be allowed to enter visa free.
The said program allows the spouse and the children of a Filipino national traveling with the Filipino spouse or parent, or a former Filipino who has acquired the citizenship of another country, to enter visa free if part of the 157 countries covered by EO 408.

This sounds to me like Balikbayan spouses and children don’t need a visa per the BI which graham59 quoted.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

Yes, they maybe obtained online according to my wife.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, softail said:

This sounds to me like Balikbayan spouses and children don’t need a visa per the BI which graham59 quoted.

Correct. Balikbayan if your wife company's you no visa needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1