New PLDT Late Payment Policy

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Mike J said:

Do they require a deposit when you begin service?

Good point.   I have never paid a deposit here in the Philippines but last year when my tenant moved out of my U.S. rental house, I had to give the city owned water company a $100 deposit to turn the water on.  It was quite a hassle as I had to have  my realtor go to the office in person.

Edited by OnMyWay

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Good point.   I have never paid a deposit here in the Philippines but last year when my tenant moved out of my rental house, I had to give the city owned water company a $100 deposit to turn the water on.  It was quite a hassle as I had to have  my realtor go to the office in person.

Wow, how much is an average bill?  Our water bill is usually the minimum of 115 peso and we water plants and grass.  My wife's parents is a larger bill because they have 24x7 caretakers plus a lot more plants.  Their bill never tops 500 peso.  We do buy bottled water for drinking.  Hard to imagine a deposit so large unless your water rates are a lot higher than ours. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Good point.   I have never paid a deposit here in the Philippines but last year when my tenant moved out of my rental house, I had to give the city owned water company a $100 deposit to turn the water on.  It was quite a hassle as I had to have  my realtor go to the office in person.

We had to pay 10,000php deposit to our electricity company - refunded after 3 years IF there were no missed payments during that time.  If any missed, then held back for a further year.  The water company didn't charge a deposit but we did have to purchase the meter (4,000php from memory).  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Wow, how much is an average bill?  Our water bill is usually the minimum of 115 peso and we water plants and grass.  My wife's parents is a larger bill because they have 24x7 caretakers plus a lot more plants.  Their bill never tops 500 peso.  We do buy bottled water for drinking.  Hard to imagine a deposit so large unless your water rates are a lot higher than ours. 

That was in the U.S., Pembroke Pines, FL.  I have not lived there since 2006 so I don't know what an average bill is.

Here in Subic Bay our water is a lot more expensive than yours.  Yours seems dirt cheap.  My last bill was for 22 cubic meters and was p1219.71.  For whatever reason, I think our minimum is around p600.  We have a free water source for the lawn and garden, so that is mostly household use, family of five.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That was in the U.S., Pembroke Pines, FL.  I have not lived there since 2006

So really nothing to do with here and Now EH?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So really nothing to do with here and Now EH?

EH, I edited my post that Mike J misunderstood because I left out U.S., now in RED, but a country other than Philippines was insinuated because of the sentence I have now bold faced.  Discussion of the U.S. is relevant because I was talking about Western standards in MY topic and my previous posts.  And the deposit was last year when I sold the house.

Has my posting now met your standards?

=================================

Good point.   I have never paid a deposit here in the Philippines but last year when my tenant moved out of my U.S. rental house, I had to give the city owned water company a $100 deposit to turn the water on.  It was quite a hassle as I had to have  my realtor go to the office in person.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic