New PLDT Late Payment Policy

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Has anybody experienced this?  PLDT has started a policy that if you are one day late paying your bill, they cut off your service.  A neighbor reported that they told him the policy at the office, and I couldn't believe it, but other neighbors said it was true and they had it happen, exactly on the next day after due date.  After they paid, they called the 171 number and it was restored.

I normally pay well before due dates, but a few times I was going to be out of the country and I told them that.  They said no worries, pay next month.  However, that was back when ours was Subictel, and now they are merged back with the PLDT parent.

Wonderful shortsightedness.  I wonder how much they will spend in customer service taking care of the reconnections and complaints.  Of course a business wants and needs to be paid for services rendered, but this is ridiculous.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I really did not know that PLDT had this thing called "customer service", must be a new thing that someone in corporate has stumbled across, maybe they have the spelling wrong and was supposed to say Non service.

Shady
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

PLDT has started a policy that if you are one day late paying your bill, they cut off your service.

But if you call, they immediately turn it back on and then give you a few days to pay.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have to come down on the side of the service provider on this.  Especially if they actually do give you a few days following a call like @Shadysays.  The new policy may inspire people who currently pay based on "Philippine time".  

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have to come down on the side of the service provider on this.  Especially if they actually do give you a few days following a call like @Shadysays.  The new policy may inspire people who currently pay based on "Philippine time".  

I tend to agree. As long as reconnection is instant then there isn't really a problem.

Hopefully this is the start of moving towards a better way to run the country. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It sounds like progress to me too.  Anyone who has ever tried to cancel a PLDT contract knows the frustration.  In the past they would keep billing and nagging even after you stopped using the service.  Now you only have to skip a payment and its over.  Lovely!

Not sure about that. You probably will be billed every month just the same for no service if you are in a contract. If you ever try to get a connection in your name again it wont happen until you pay. My opinion only.

• Like 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You probably will be billed every month just the same for no service if you are in a contract.

Definitely, and even if you are not in a contract.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/2/2021 at 6:19 AM, Mike J said:

On 5/2/2021 at 11:24 AM, hk blues said:

I tend to agree. As long as reconnection is instant then there isn't really a problem.

Hopefully this is the start of moving towards a better way to run the country. 

I would disagree.  Internet is almost like other utilities now.  Like water and electricity.  It provides for many essential services and right now, especially online school.  Your kid has to miss a day of school if you are a day late?  I know, maybe it can get turned back on right away.  Maybe not.  Regardless, this appears to be a "no warning" system.  If you are late one day on water or electric and they shut if off without a warning, would you be pissed off?

I'm ok with shutting it off if you haven't paid by the next billing period.  That is basic utility protocol in most of the Western world.  Don't pay the water or electricity by the following month, off you go.  That is the way PLDT was before.  I didn't pay on-time a few times and on the next bill, it would say "Disconnect Notice" or something like that.  If you don't pay up by X date, shut off.  A "no warning" system a bit harsh and 3rd world, in my eyes.

My PLDT bill came today by e-mail and I paid it today.  So they did get my attention! :smile:  When I was late a few times before it was just due to procrastination.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I would disagree.  Internet is almost like other utilities now.  Like water and electricity.  It provides for many essential services and right now, especially online school.  Your kid has to miss a day of school if you are a day late?  I know, maybe it can get turned back on right away.  Maybe not.  Regardless, this appears to be a "no warning" system.  If you are late one day on water or electric and they shut if off without a warning, would you be pissed off?

I dont know if this is a new policy but best to read terms and conditions before signing up, https://pldthome.com/termsandconditions

My guess is you cant run a business on credit forever so to pay for the new 5G roll out they are capturing cash flow. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic