New PRA SRRV Visas Allowed Again

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Gator said:

When I have time I’ll try to email the embassy here in the USA and the PRA directly. 

Email is much faster than years gone by, in most case click send and wont take much time.  :hystery: Sorry just in  an idiot mood again. :tiphat:

• Haha 2

Mechamel
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

You used to be able to apply for an SRRV visa at an embassy in your home country, I'm not sure why that wouldn't still be the case?

I am just starting the transition of moving permanently to the PIs.  You can not even start the process from  an embassy in the United States.  You must present the filled out form in person and pay the fees.  Have to go there first and apply at the BI and probably use the PRA to help.  This is from research I have done yesterday, may 13 2021.  I can't even reach the embassy in San Fran.  Nobody will answer a phone and nobody responds to emails.  The latest I have read about the Tourism and immigration bureaus is that they are operating on skeleton crews.

• Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mechamel said:

Nobody will answer a phone and nobody responds to emails.

This is all part of getting you accustomed to how things " don't " work in the Philippines. :hystery:

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mechamel said:

You can not even start the process from  an embassy in the United States.  You must present the filled out form in person and pay the fees.  Have to go there first and apply at the BI and probably use the PRA to help. 

Thank you for the information, I won't waste my time trying to contact the Embassy in Sydney here.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, I can't get an exit permission from Australia (our borders are closed) without showing an intention to move overseas 'long term' (which I want to do) but to get that exit permission I have to prove my intent to stay permanently (or long term).  A long term visa, which I can't get without going to the Philippines to get is the default evidence (which I can't get here) or proof of an employment contract (but I'm retired).

Or alternatively proof of an urgent and immediate family emergency (which doesn't apply).

So catch 22.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mechamel said:

I am just starting the transition of moving permanently to the PIs.  You can not even start the process from  an embassy in the United States.  You must present the filled out form in person and pay the fees.  Have to go there first and apply at the BI and probably use the PRA to help.  This is from research I have done yesterday, may 13 2021.  I can't even reach the embassy in San Fran.  Nobody will answer a phone and nobody responds to emails.  The latest I have read about the Tourism and immigration bureaus is that they are operating on skeleton crews.

Welcome to the forum Mechamel. :tiphat:

Slowly things are opening up so hopefully you'll be able to make the move sooner than later. Perhaps you could introduce yourself to us in Members Greetings? What are your plans moving to Philippines and what location are you looking at? 

• Like 1