Our (not so boring) Simple Life on a Tiny Private Island in Mindanao

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Welcome back to civilization James.  We were without power and internet for about five weeks so I can sympathize.  Here in Moalboal only about 60 percent of the homes have had power restored.  Still a two hour drive to the closest working ATM to get cash, but at least our toilets now fill and flush. :tongue:

I will try to post photos and short videos over the following days while I still have the luxury of the internet access and hot showers. Our Dinagat Island farm and Surigao City are still pretty much powerless at this time.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Well before the typhoon hit I never posted images and videos of the little day-resort business my wife and I was building here on the island. This was to avoid any possible issues with forum owners, but as that little day-resort business is literally now no-longer existent, I doubt there is no-longer an issue to post a few before and after images and vids. And some may be more than happy to be freed of my boring long aquaculture and mariculture projects, and topics on lobsters and such nonsense.

I will try to post a few before and after typhoon day-resort images and vids. If or when we try to rebuild the little island business again, I am sure it will still be a long time away from present.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear of your plight and I hope things work out for you. It's an important message for many that tie all their finances in one basket here as weather and the Government can put the dampers on most things.

You will have to file a motion of consideration if you wish to stay which they won't acknowledge until you are overdue then they'll hit you with a fine. Unless you have other reasons surely if married to a Filipino you won't have to leave.

I'd hazzard a guess that the vaccine comes with less of a risk than an enforced holiday in Bictuan but it's your choice so good luck. Unless things change you won't get into an immigration office without an appointment as unvaccinated.  

• Like 4

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Sorry to hear of your plight and I hope things work out for you. It's an important message for many that tie all their finances in one basket here as weather and the Government can put the dampers on most things.

You will have to file a motion of consideration if you wish to stay which they won't acknowledge until you are overdue then they'll hit you with a fine. Unless you have other reasons surely if married to a Filipino you won't have to leave.

I'd hazzard a guess that the vaccine comes with less of a risk than an enforced holiday in Bictuan but it's your choice so good luck. Unless things change you won't get into an immigration office without an appointment as unvaccinated.  

We are going to the Davao Immigration office on Monday, and we will see what happens from that point forward.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jamesmusslewhite said:

We are going to the Davao Immigration office on Monday, and we will see what happens from that point forward.

Let us know how that goes.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 2/4/2022 at 10:35 PM, jamesmusslewhite said:

I read on another forum that James Musslewhite passed away.  R.I.P. sir!

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I read on another forum that James Musslewhite passed away.  R.I.P. sir!

I also saw that news on another forum.  James seemed to be a man that was very passionate on his hobbies.   R.I.P James.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sad news.  I respected his passion and knowledge. 

• Like 3

baronapart
Posted
Posted

He seemed to do things his own way there. Nothing wrong with that. RIP...Fair winds...

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

RIP. Sir

• Like 2