Waterloo Station

Jack D
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, it's almost Independence Day (July 4th), but I feel like a bit of a traitor, since England is the only place in this wide-wide world where I feel as if I'm still at home.

When I heard this song (originally by the Kinks), it brought back so many happy memories.

WL.JPG

Edited by Jack D
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

indy meme.jpg

• Haha 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

indy meme.jpg

Murikans have the right to pee in any color that we wish to... it's why we're so independent  :thumbsup:

piss.JPG

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Happy July 4th and all that, but....

I just wish that we could forget the bitterness, and that our American friends would acknowledge the fact that their country was born out of the lives, heritage, and hard work.... and in many cases, sacrifices, of British settlers.  A few French, German, Dutch, and Spanish got involved along the way too. :thumbsup:

Edited by graham59
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

would acknowledge the fact that their country was born out of the lives, heritage, and hard work.... and in many cases, sacrifices, of British settlers.

Very true, US expansion summarized in one sentence. 

The English founded it, the Scots explored it, the Irish built it and the Germans populated it. 

Jack D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

I just wish that we could forget the bitterness, and that our American friends would acknowledge the fact that their country was born out of the lives, heritage, and hard work.... and in many cases, sacrifices, of British settlers.  A few French, German, Dutch, and Spanish got involved along the way too. :thumbsup:

All true, but we’re leaving out a large number of Africans who were enslaved, shipped to the ‘colonies,’ and also developed this great nation—their contributions are virtually beyond calculating their true monetary value.

As far as bitterness, there’s a previous post that I cannot (and will not) quote that embraces the extreme amount of hatred that still binds a large number of Americans together.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, graham59 said:

Bitterness? Who are bitter about the American revolution? Asking respectfully. 

Edited by Old55

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Who are bitter about the American revolution?

There is no way the Brits could be bitter.  They had already formed a parliament to take control of their own country away from the King.  All the King controlled were the colonies.  So how could they blame the Americans for doing the same thing?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

One of my paintings.

4th of July.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love it 1