Rotisserie chicken herbal stuffing recipe?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

I think the pronunciation depends on your location. On the Left coast Herb her-b is mostly used.

England or Scotland God only knows. Australians and Welsh are simply incomprehensible unless you go drinking with them but that never ends well. 

We definitely say H-erb in the UK but in the south of England they often drop their "aitches" i.e. "'ow are you 'arry?" I've heard some Americans say 'otel for hotel.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, Old55 said:

What stuffing recipe is used for a typical Filipino rotisserie chicken?

I use lemongrass, garlic, salt, pepper.  

What do you guys use for the herbal stuffing?

I coat the outside with some olive oil and salt. Any suggestions are welcome. :cheersty:

That's exactly how I do it with the exception of adding some sage inside and out. I rotisserie in the gas oven at about 275-300 F. L loves it!

We do not like Chooks to Go - skin coating is too sweet for our taste - we but we like Uling and many of the local vendor chickens.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Joey G said:

Filipino chicken... took me a few years to understand why I never had to fight for the breast portion.

Do you mean native chicken or store bought? 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My wife brings home the occasional native chicken.  She really likes it but I do not care much for it.  Too small for me, looks like they are using song birds or something.  And the meat is dried out from the cooking.  The only part I like is the skin which has a nice flavor from the basting.  My favorite way to fix chicken is to buy boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.  Sometimes I need to bone and skin them myself.  Cut into long strips about one inch thick.  Soak the strips in a mild salt brine for about an hour.  Pat dry, coat with flour, dip in an egg white wash (egg white and a little water), then dip in panko bread crumbs.  Deep fry to a golden brown.

Tartar sauce - make my own with dill pickle, minced onion, ground pepper, and mayo

Honey mustard sauce - Mayo, honey, yellow mustard (the kind you squirt on hot dogs), minced onion optional.

Good eats!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Joey G
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Native... all the way

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Joey G said:

Native... all the way

L prefers native chicken because she has allergies to all kinds of things...native chicken seems safer for her. I enjoy it, but agree that it tends to be a bit dry and overcooked and not as tasty as commercial chicken... All that being said, I would always prefer native chicken for the lack of hormones and other artificial "improvements." I would rather eat two or three native chickens than one plump, carcinogen, hormone stuffed foreign bird...

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

L prefers native chicken because she has allergies to all kinds of things...native chicken seems safer for her. I enjoy it, but agree that it tends to be a bit dry and overcooked and not as tasty as commercial chicken... All that being said, I would always prefer native chicken for the lack of hormones and other artificial "improvements." I would rather eat two or three native chickens than one plump, carcinogen, hormone stuffed foreign bird...

Now I know who is partially responsible for the decrease in songbird population.  :tongue:

• Haha 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 7/14/2021 at 10:36 AM, Old55 said:

Stuffed them with lemon grass, garlic, ginger, pepper corns, onion. Basted with soy sauce and baked them in the smoker at 275 until 165 deg.

Got thumbs up from the wife and her sister. 

This way is how I do it as well..

As far as take out chicken, I don't like chooks either.  We love the chicken from Mr. Liempo.

• Like 1