Hospitals filling up with patients...

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Heeb said:

Does anyone else feel that we are headed towards another nationwide lockdown? 

7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Martial law by another name, Like I said right from the Start :tiphat: Trust me, Negative thought But.

It will almost have to be martial law. Here in my part of Manila we are on ecq, which is supposed to be total lock down. Unlike the first ecq where everything did close. Now the only places that are closed or following restrictions are BIG businesses with deep pocket that can be easily fined.

Every sari-sari store, every motorcycle accessory shop, every beauty parlor, every office supply store, every smse you can think of is open, jeepneys are running as are the trikes. 

One person per house hold was issued a pass to go outside for essentials, but no one checking them. The wet market has a lady at the entrance reminding folks to lower their face shields but as soon as the person goes by they are right back on top of the head.

In other words no one in my barangay are taking it seriously at all.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

Now Scott, I wonder if that will inflame things :89:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now Scott, I wonder if that will inflame things 

It is really amazing that there are no active cases here. If we believe the reports....Due how fast word of mouth is passed here through the chizmiz circuit I tend to believe them.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

Due how fast word of mouth is passed here through the chizmiz circuit I tend to believe them.

There is always some truth in Chismis mate, Rumours always have an element of truth in them :wink:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

Every sari-sari store, every motorcycle accessory shop, every beauty parlor, every office supply store, every smse you can think of is open, jeepneys are running as are the trikes. 

Here in Cebu we reverted to EQC but with a more relaxed mayor's executive order so most business can continue to operate so probably the same in Manila. It's not the same order that came out 18 months ago so if Manila is like here business can operate under certain circumstances like distancing and less numbers inside a store.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

EQC but with a more relaxed mayor's executive order so most business can continue to operate

So, in other words we are not on ecq but actually ecq plus (modified) :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Here is a pretty good editorial artricle that is on point. 

We have all argued over what to prioritize: “Lives versus Livelihood?” and we have always compromised by letting APORs or Authorized Persons Outside Residence to go out and earn a living whether they are vaccinated or not. We allow APORs to go in and out of Metro Manila as part of their movement between work and home. All this time, health experts have been raising the alarm that there is the Delta variant that is 60 percent more transmissible than the original virus.

In the meantime, in the government’s attempt of a balancing act to protect Lives & Livelihoods, life goes on in many parts of the country until we hear of “super spreader” events such as the discovery last Monday that over 25 crew members of a ferry boat servicing Caticlan-Batangas City all tested positive for COVID-19. What’s worse is that the discovery was only made after the ship had offloaded 77 passengers at the Batangas City port.

Even before the declaration of the recent ECQ for Metro Manila, we witnessed a super spreader event when 51 COVID-19 positive policemen were deployed as crowd control force at Commonwealth Avenue. Prior to that incident, some of you may recall the news reports about a tug boat and a barge that traveled from Indonesia to Butuan to Albay, after which local health authorities discovered that crew members were COVID positive but not before one crew member had disembarked at Butuan City and took a motorbike ride towards Zamboanga.

Whether we are under enhanced community quarantine or not, all these incidents point to the fact that our numerous attempts at quarantine or lockdowns are full of holes! Local and national authorities go tough on barangay officials and residents for lapses in health protocols but fail to be proactive and strict when it comes to their personnel and areas of concern.

Yesterday morning,  it was announced that the Metro Manila Council of mayors agreed to ban outdoor exercises as part of the ECQ measures, public response was swift as people questioned the logic in allowing APORs to commute all over the NCR and beyond but disallow people from taking walks, jogging or biking in front of their homes or within their village or barangay?

APOR-calypse | Philstar.com

give up.jpg

• Like 2

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
On 8/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, roddavis said:

Here in Cebu, the main hospitals are full and not accepting new patients(Chong Wa, Soccor, Phys Med...), even the local hospitals in Toledo, Balamban, Austurias full.

Wife had medical emergency non-covid related. Only could get emergency support in a tent in the parking lot tent. No dedicated DR. or nurse. Needed CT scan has to go another hospital in the City because hospital here does'nt have the necessary test equipment only lab tests available. Need swab test to move to another location where covid is rampant. Its another 2 hours to Cebu City hospitals . What a joke! Long story short...wife passed on just 2 days ago! This pandemic crap throws a wrench in the medical care! Beware! :SugarwareZ-034:

My deepest condolences on the lost of your wife Rod

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 8/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, roddavis said:

Long story short...wife passed on just 2 days ago!

Rod...condolences from L and I. It's just not fair. Take care of yourself now, be careful and stay healthy.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, scott h said:

It will almost have to be martial law. Here in my part of Manila we are on ecq, which is supposed to be total lock down. Unlike the first ecq where everything did close. Now the only places that are closed or following restrictions are BIG businesses with deep pocket that can be easily fined.

One person per house hold was issued a pass to go outside for essentials, but no one checking them. The wet market has a lady at the entrance reminding folks to lower their face shields but as soon as the person goes by they are right back on top of the head.

Have to report the same is happening in my place - the further from the centre we go the less obvious it is we are under lockdown.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We heard some tragic news this morning - a neighbour a couple of doors along took her own life at the weekend, leaving behind a son around the same age as ours - 9 or 10.  Apparently she was struggling badly with the impact of Covid - she was a nurse so I'm sure she was more directly impacted than most of us. We noticed last week that she was having here house deep cleaned so the story seems legit.

Another side to the pandemic that most of us are aware of but only vaguely.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic