Treat your wounds!

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Tanduay internally on an hourly basis...:shooter: Just kidding...:smile:

Perhaps antibiotic ointment (tri-biotic or other) applied directly and then covered with band-aid or other bandage? That would be my treatment.

There are topical anti-biotics that can be used for some cellulitis infections and ulcers... but they're not the same as the generic, over the counter antibacterial creams and gells.

• Like 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I sympathize.

Couldn't make myself read the whole thing though. For those of us who read a lot, a long tract without paragraph breaks is a genuine pain. Can you edit it please?

Sorry, that’s what happens when I do it on my phone, I don’t know how large it is. Thanks whomever edited it.

21 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

You were a very lucky man. Sepsis is a killer, even in the West. One of the best 600 peso I spent here was on a tetanus vaccine. Since having it any cuts and scratches heal within a few days where as before it could take weeks. 

They gave me one in each arm.

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Brought with me some Smile's PRID Drawing Salve (homeopathic relief of topical pain and irritation, 18 grams Temporary topical relief of pain and irritation associated with boils, minor skin eruptions and redness. Also aids in relieving the discomfort of minor skin irritations, superficial cuts and scratches.)  Also some triple antibiotic cream.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
xpc316e
Posted
Posted

Some years ago I was a friend of a chap who had been a prisoner of the Japanese in WW2. He had a large indentation on the back of his left hand between the thumb and index finger and it was the legacy of a small wound he sustained when working on the Death Railway. He went to the Camp Doctor who examined the infected wound and told him that if he did not cut out the rotten flesh, he'd end up losing his hand. There were, of course, no medicines to be had and he was sent away to deal with the atter himself.

My pal retired to his hut where he sharpened the edge of a teaspoon, sterilised it over a candle flame, and then used it to scrape away the flesh until he was down to the bone and the wound was clean. It healed and he kept his hand, but had a daily reminder of the need to keep on top of wounds in the Tropics.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

TyrionLannister
Posted
Posted

@Heeb Fully recovered? 

Scary story but glad that you shared it...