13A probationary to perm question.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

That is why I posted that you can have someone do it for you if you are a senior using a limited power of attorney.

Whilst this is True Mike, it will not be possible if the OP is OUT of the PI as he will need his Passport there and here :smile:

• Like 4

Shol
Posted
Posted

Yeah also not a senior quite just yet :) But thanks to everyone who posted here. Will be calling tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Shol
Posted
Posted
Jollygoodfellow
This post was recognized by Jollygoodfellow!

Shol was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 2 points.

Hi there spent some time on the hot line today and was told by Paz at Intramuros that you should apply for your 13a perm as soon as you can around 3 months before expiry.  Of course I cannot guarantee this it's just what I was told :)

The other big thing is that they told me (And it's again, what they told me) is that as long as you arrive and do your annual check within 15 days or arrival you will not pay a penalty but just the 300 PHP fee.   If you miss or wait they the full penalties will apply based on the amount of months.  We were told by two persons that there is no specific "timeframe" and asked for 1 year out or whatever but was told it wouldn't matter.   IF that is true, that's pretty good news and a compelling reason to go for the full 13A.

That's it also remember you will need to update your NBI Clearance apparently it has to be valid when you get approval for some reason NOT when you actually apply.

Anyway that's it for now and remember I am just reiterating what I was told, there's no guarantees on the transfer of information here in the Philippines :)

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shol said:

We were told by two persons that there is no specific "timeframe" and asked for 1 year out or whatever but was told it wouldn't matter.   IF that is true, that's pretty good news and a compelling reason to go for the full 13A.

That ties in with what I was told a few years back here in Iloilo - as long as I check-in as soon as possible after arriving back in the country there would be no fine.  I couldn't pin them down to how soon is as soon as possible though!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shol said:

Anyway that's it for now

Thanks for getting back to us Shol !  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/10/2021 at 4:43 PM, Shol said:

should apply for your 13a perm as soon as you can around 3 months before expiry.

That's what I was told from the Angels BI office.  I just set up to submit my NBI paper work on 17 September 2021.  Once I get my clearance back, I will head over to the Angels BI and submit my package (probationary expires 14 Jan 2022).

Edited by Yeochief
  • Like 2