How many 6 month extension allowed?

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

I think it depends on the BI staff, the office and I think their appraisal of you...they will give two 6 months extenstions one after another in most cases.... here in Dumaguete BI I have had 3 x 6 monthly extenstions:2245_safe::2245_safe: 

Anybody get 4 in a row? 

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Is being buried here counted as overstaying, I wonder ? :89:

• Haha 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

The worries for many may soon be over.

Watched a video last night explaining all the training and employment of extra immigration officers as Philippines preparing to open up later this year. 

Would post the link but bit confused what is allowed....not allowed....as have no idea the authenticity of same but appear genuine. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is what they (BI) put on their Facebook page . Check the last paragraph :

03 October 2021
PRESS RELEASE
BI rotates 341 NAIA personnel
Starting Sunday, more than 300 officers of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) will be reporting to their new terminal assignments as part of the agency’s continuing campaign to curb corruption among its personnel.

Atty. Carlos Capulong, BI Acting Port Operations Chief, disclosed that Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente has approved his recommendation to implement the rotation scheme at the premiere port on October 3.

Capulong said the 341 BI officers to be rotated do not yet include the 99 newly-hired immigration inspectors who are still undergoing on-the-job training at the airport.
After the new recruits have finished their training, they, too, will be dispersed and deployed to the country’s major ports, he added.

“This will be the last rotation of our NAIA personnel this year as the next reshuffle will be implemented during the first quarter of 2022,” Capulong said.
It was learned that aside from BI officers manning NAIA’s immigration counters, the BI will also rotate the terminal assignments of 77 immigration supervisors assigned at the airport.

Earlier, Morente announced that the Bureau is fast tracking the recruitment of nearly 200 new BI officers who will be deployed to the NAIA and other major ports early next year.
The BI Chief had stressed the need to field more immigration inspectors after the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said it was considering to raise the daily cap on passenger arrival, and reopen other airports to international travel.

Morente also said he remains hopeful that international travel will normalize early next year, as the country continues to aggressively pursue its efforts to vaccinate the whole population and achieve herd immunity against Covid-19.

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, RBM said:

Would post the link but bit confused what is allowed....not allowed....as have no idea the authenticity of same but appear genuine. 

Let me explain

If its a news story from a news source, allowed with text and link to source.

If its the official BI Facebook page post then post allowed.

If the source is from someones Blog, other forum then not allowed.

If its a youtube vlogger who is making a video which is mostly his opinion or understanding of what he read somewhere then generally not allowed.

Satire sites preferably no as someone might confuse fake news as real even if posted as a joke. No links or Satire sites.

As for opening this year I would be more inclined to think next year as I read they are behind target for Vax so now looking at February but who knows and now we are changing the subject from 6 months extensions to opening the borders and BI rotations of staff :smile: :tiphat:

• Like 5