6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Seems I had a problem so please read my  last Post Thank you.jpg :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
hmm Just to clarify

LawnMower
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oh come on LM that is the nature of their business, anything else is done to a Survey and Due diligence of the Buyer

They should learn to understand the concept of the customer (as in the famous quote "Try doing business without any customers") and understand that if they talk to you they might have a buyer in the future - it is not all about the present. It is about building a relationship and working to fulfill the customer's needs - they have no idea if I will buy nothing or buy 100m of property from them. Anyway, in a time of reduced activity in the property market, what are they doing now? Sitting on their ars*s, thinking how to grow their business or cogitating on the fact they still live in the 1850s and have no idea about anything?

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/23/2021 at 7:50 PM, LawnMower said:

it is not all about the present. It is about building a relationship and working to fulfill the customer's needs

Eight years here now and that business philosophy is seldom, if ever, found here in the Philippines.   Not saying that it should be or should not, just saying how it is.   You will need to live with the Philippine concepts of how things are done if you want to enjoy life here.  Just my opinion of course.

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, LawnMower said:

thinking how to grow their business or cogitating on the fact they still live in the 1850s and have no idea about anything?

Boots on the ground will teach you it is what it is. I think My friend you don't understand how things work here  but to quote  a phrase ( as you seem to like quotes) "You ain't in Kansas no more". A somewhat Negative Ist Posting mate, I wonder how many times you have been to the Philippines?  With utmost respect I think if you carry on in that negative way you are going to be very disappointed with life here. Today and Cash is King, Tomorrow never seems to come for our beloved people here.

Negative ? No mate realistic. Best of luck to you But..................... Not in the Philippines is change welcome and on that note to show my Better side today  Welcome.jpg to the Forum :tiphat:

• Like 4

LawnMower
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Boots on the ground will teach you it is what it is. I think My friend you don't understand how things work here  but to quote  a phrase ( as you seem to like quotes) "You ain't in Kansas no more". A somewhat Negative Ist Posting mate, I wonder how many times you have been to the Philippines?  With utmost respect I think if you carry on in that negative way you are going to be very disappointed with life here. Today and Cash is King, Tomorrow never seems to come for our beloved people here.

Negative ? No mate realistic. Best of luck to you But..................... Not in the Philippines is change welcome and on that note to show my Better side today  Welcome.jpg to the Forum :tiphat:

I only lived there for 15 years so I suppose I know nothing about the country. It is never about how things work but how they could work - it is called progress. Poverty comes from doing the bad things the same way forever. And, btw, I have never been to Kansas.

LawnMower
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Eight year here now and that business philosophy if seldom, if ever, found here in the Philippines.   Not saying that it should be or should not, just saying how it is.   You will need to live with the Philippine concepts of how things are done if you want to enjoy life here.  Just my opinion of course.

I seem to have the mistaken belief that the country does not wish to change. So when they introduced TRAIN to tax luxury or harmful goods (sometimes the same thing) and spend that money on infrastructure to improve the economy by providing jobs and enhancing economic activity, I thought that was about progress. Anyone who has been here a few years has seen progress, so clearly they desire it. The leap from NOT knowing how to do business and learning a few tricks is not "a giant leap for mankind" but essential to real progress. But then we come to education! Still stuck in 1200 (I mean B.C.)

KC813
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LawnMower said:

And, btw, I have never been to Kansas.

I once had an office in Kansas, right near a cattle feed lot which gave the town a distictly pungent  “fragrance”.  Sometimes it bothered me, but the locals called it “the smell of money” and never complained.

1 hour ago, LawnMower said:

I seem to have the mistaken belief that the country does not wish to change. So when they introduced TRAIN to tax luxury or harmful goods (sometimes the same thing) and spend that money on infrastructure to improve the economy by providing jobs and enhancing economic activity, I thought that was about progress. Anyone who has been here a few years has seen progress, so clearly they desire it. The leap from NOT knowing how to do business and learning a few tricks is not "a giant leap for mankind" but essential to real progress. But then we come to education! Still stuck in 1200 (I mean B.C.)

LM, It sounds like you were in the Philippines long enough to get an understanding of the frustrations – and also some of the good things as you are exploring properties there.

As quasi-outsiders, we do view things from a different perspective then locals.  But as I’m sure you will agree, any substantial changes in the PH will have to come from within.  We either adapt or move on.

Yet, venting a little steam now and then is part of how some of us cope when we are there!  :thumbsup:

WELCOME!

Edited by KC813
  • Like 3

LawnMower
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, KC813 said:

I once had an office in Kansas, right near a cattle feed lot which gave the town a distictly pungent  “fragrance”.  Sometimes it bothered me, but the locals called it “the smell of money” and never complained.

LM, It sounds like you were in the Philippines long enough to get an understanding of the frustrations – and also some of the good things as you are exploring properties there.

As quasi-outsiders, we do view things from a different perspective then locals.  But as I’m sure you will agree, any substantial changes in the PH will have to come from within.  We either adapt or move on.

Yet, venting a little steam now and then is part of how some of us cope when we are there!  :thumbsup:

WELCOME!

Thanks for the Welcome! A lot of my postings are tongue-in-cheek and I fully understand that if you 'don't like the heat then get out of the kitchen'. But I see nothing wrong with questioning the fact they don't learn from the rest of the world (with so many OFWs, they should know the world exists outside but many don't) and that some of their processes are hilarious (remember the plastic separating a motorbike driver and his (ten) passengers!). The higher echelons do want progress as that means more money in the economy and so better income from corruption. So if they want progress they need to look around and MODEL from everyone else. Don't wait to invent the wheel - just have a look at one someone else already made.

LawnMower
Posted
Posted
On 10/7/2021 at 5:43 AM, OnMyWay said:

Same thing here in Subic and in Angeles.  Asking prices are really high.  I have no idea what the real selling prices are.

When I was looking at Angeles online in 2012, you could see quite a few nice expat houses, even with pool, for 5-7 mil.  Now they ask more than double that.  15-20 mil is common.

Can they be 30 to 40 million in another 10 years (assuming reasonable inflation and not the blast-off we might experience soon)? Or will they come down to sensible levels again - especially bearing in mind that not so many expats might want to live in a country where they failed to control the pandemic, have too few vaccinations (and/or inadequate logistics) and locked up seniors for 2 years (and more to come)?

LawnMower
Posted
Posted
On 10/7/2021 at 3:48 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont know about houses but would say its the same. Here in Cebu city there are a hell of a lot of repossessed condos and I'm sure a lot going cheap as people are desperate now. No work etc for such a long time has caused defaults.

Rent is way down, for what used to be the average in my building for a studio was 20k. Today in the same building I looked at similar units and price is 12k including dues.

I recently emailed a major Realtor in Cebu City asking about property and to date have received no reply - seems they don't want to sell anything! I wonder if the sellers who entrust them with their properties know?