13A ACR Card Renewal, Questions

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 10/14/2021 at 12:15 PM, hk blues said:

No idea, I was charged and paid in pesos for the fee plus express fee.

Yes its whatever the exchange rate of the day but you pay in pesos. Says on the BI site as $50 USD. Another mystery as to why.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 10/13/2021 at 5:48 PM, Jack Peterson said:

I now have regained my 13a in 2013 and have just renewed my ACI card. Good for another 5 years now :thumbsup:

Jack, did you renew at Dumaguete? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

Jack, did you renew at Dumaguete? 

No jim i did it it through my Lawyer in Cebu, never left my armchair Cost me 15.000+ but:whatever: No hassle  took 2 months:shades:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Shol
Posted
Posted

I asked this twice now on the phone and Intramuros responded both times that as long as you report in when you land back in the Philippines within 15 days you should not have to "redo" the 13A and won't pay any penalties and can start from there.   They said there is no time limit or expiration on that.

Whether or not this is true in practice is probably a combination of where you are, who you speak too and how they feel on that day.

At the very least since it's almost as much hassle and cost to downgrade and pay tourist fees for a few months, it's worth doing it I suppose.

But as with lots of things in the Philippines, along with the fun comes the mandatory rolling of the dice :)

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Shol said:

I asked this twice now on the phone and Intramuros responded both times that as long as you report in when you land back in the Philippines within 15 days you should not have to "redo" the 13A and won't pay any penalties and can start from there.   They said there is no time limit or expiration on that.

Whether or not this is true in practice is probably a combination of where you are, who you speak too and how they feel on that day.

At the very least since it's almost as much hassle and cost to downgrade and pay tourist fees for a few months, it's worth doing it I suppose.

But as with lots of things in the Philippines, along with the fun comes the mandatory rolling of the dice :)

I was told the same when I asked as per my post on the previous page - you should report as soon as possible upon arriving back here, no time limit.  Saying that, they would not commit on what as soon as possible means so you got more info that I was able to.

That said, I would not rely on any of this as we know how things can be here.

• Like 2