The (Filipino) government will study the proposal to lift the quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated travelers.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hmmm lets see.  108M pop in Phils.  1/3 vaccinated.  8M tourists per year but they are only allowing fully vaccinated tourists.  Hmmmm.  Study done.  Its a drop in the bucket.  If the 70M unvaccinated Filipinos are not spreading Covid then another 8M fully vaxed tourists will not hurt a thing.  BUT if there is an outbreak it will surely be the tourist's fault :cheersty:

If you test negative when you leave your home country and again when you get here where is the problem? I do think that some of the people making decisions are not best suited for the job, IE no medical knowledge.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

BUT if there is an outbreak it will surely be the tourist's fault

Of course it will! And they will never tell you that the number of Balikbayans returning to visit family far outnumber "tourists". It would not fit the narrative. Just as a bueaty queen with a foreign father is Pilipino, but a Filipino born child molester with USA citizen ship is an American!

48 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

IE no medical knowledge.

I think we are past the point of medical knowledge now. It is now a matter of statistics. 

It really is a matter of the number of the number of available hospital beds to treat severe cases. As Dave says there are 30 plus million jabbed people in the Phil. But the majority of those are in the Metropolitan areas. All it would take is one asymptomatic balikbayan to slip through, return to his home province where the jab rate is low and WHAMO.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

If you test negative when you leave your home country and again when you get here where is the problem? I do think that some of the people making decisions are not best suited for the job, IE no medical knowledge.

A potential problem is that even vaccinated people who test negative can be in the early stages of covid  false negative).   Another potential problem is fake/counterfeit vaccination certificates in addition to a false negative test.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Lets not forget they also still studying the value of face masks... and clearly that particular study is taking some time (  only a cynic would think there are still warehouses full of these things that they need to move, first ) .

This subject  of letting in poriners is clearly not going to be on a fast track, might get diverted by the 2 weeks Christmas holdiay, then by election season so possibly the study will be concluded and enacted by..... The Next Administration here.... never a dull moment here......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Lets not forget they also still studying the value of face masks... and clearly that particular study is taking some time (  only a cynic would think there are still warehouses full of these things that they need to move, first ) .

This subject  of letting in poriners is clearly not going to be on a fast track, might get diverted by the 2 weeks Christmas holdiay, then by election season so possibly the study will be concluded and enacted by..... The Next Administration here.... never a dull moment here......

I'm shocked and saddened by your cynical comment Freebie! The all knowing honorable compassionate Concepcion stated;

"Concepcion said his proposal would help the ailing airline industry recover from the COVID-19 crisis."

The last thing any of those morons think of is the Filipino people.

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

I'm shocked and saddened by your cynical comment Freebie! The all knowing honorable compassionate Concepcion stated;

"Concepcion said his proposal would help the ailing airline industry recover from the COVID-19 crisis."

The last thing any of those morons think of is the Filipino people.

And theres The Statement Of The Day !

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted

The article only talks about lifting / amending the quarantine restrictions for “travelers”. It does not say anything about opening up for tourists and lifting the current restrictions placed on them. I interpret it to mean making easier for balikbayans and OFW’s to return. But the next logical step would be to open up for tourists again, however when has logic ever been part of their discussions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gator said:

The article only talks about lifting / amending the quarantine restrictions for “travelers”. It does not say anything about opening up for tourists and lifting the current restrictions placed on them. I interpret it to mean making easier for balikbayans and OFW’s to return. But the next logical step would be to open up for tourists again, however when has logic ever been part of their discussions. 

Or providing more vaccine to Filipino citizens. 

• Like 3