The (Filipino) government will study the proposal to lift the quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated travelers.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Old55 said:

Or providing more vaccine to Filipino citizens. 

Genuine question - is there still a shortage here?  In my area it doesn't seem to be an issue these days.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Genuine question - is there still a shortage here?  In my area it doesn't seem to be an issue these days.

HK, I'm not an expat you would have better information than I do. From what I'm reading and hearing from those living in Philippines more effort could be done providing the vaccine especially rural areas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

HK, I'm not an expat you would have better information than I do. From what I'm reading and hearing from those living in Philippines more effort could be done providing the vaccine especially rural areas. 

It's difficult to get an accurate picture of anything here due to the misinformation that abounds but my perception is that it's readily available in the well-developed areas (as long as you are not too choosy about which brand you want) but less so in the rural areas just as you mention.

I'm not sure of my perception is close to reality. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Many people, especially those in the province, are not being vaccinated.   Some of the reason I have heard:

I don't trust the Chinese vaccine and we don't get a  choice.

So and so's (aunt or uncle or neighbor etc) got the vaccine and they died anyway.

I could end up being just like the dengue vaccine.

I have heard the vaccine effects are worse than getting covid.

To a lesser extent.  It is the mark of the beast, the great reset, one world government, big business destroying the economy, created by big pharm to reap huge profits, etc. etc.

The actual supply of vaccine appears to be more than adequate.  There may still be some issues with distribution to the province but I don't think that is the main problem in getting the vaccination rate over the current 33% fully vaccinated.   The positive news is that large population centers, Manila 85%, NCR 80%, with Cebu City and Davao approaching the 70% levels.   Of course that mean the province rate must be well below the overall nationwide rate of 33%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Since they are giving kids a shot now I dont think there is a shortage. Few days ago they were more worried about some vaccinations coming up to their use by date so they moved them to areas that people were utilizing vax sites.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The positive news is that large population centers, Manila 85%, NCR 80%, with Cebu City and Davao approaching the 70% levels.   Of course that mean the province rate must be well below the overall nationwide rate of 33%.

Here in Iloilo City we are the highest vax rate outside Luzon with 92% of target population covered.  I'm suspicious of phrases like target population as it's open to interpretation/manipulation but regardless they have done an excellent job here and I doff my cap to them.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Concepcion on Thursday pushed for "zero quarantine" for fully vaccinated travelers.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:18 AM, Gator said:

The article only talks about lifting / amending the quarantine restrictions for “travelers”. It does not say anything about opening up for tourists and lifting the current restrictions placed on them. I interpret it to mean making easier for balikbayans and OFW’s to return. But the next logical step would be to open up for tourists again, however when has logic ever been part of their discussions. 

I read it differently. It first mentions "Currently, only fully vaccinated travelers from "green" countries and territories..." Later it says "Concepcion on Thursday pushed for "zero quarantine" for fully vaccinated travelers." I think the subject is still international travelers.