Tourists allowed in...posted 27 Nov. 2021

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Hypothetical question but I wonder how they view someone who leaves the Philippines to fly to a Green country and steps off the plane, never leaves the airport and gets back on the next flight.  An example I want to go to Cebu so book a flight from Manila to Kota Kinabalu with a connecting flight to Cebu. That'll get the Immigration Officers mind going.  :whistling:

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I wonder how they view someone who leaves the Philippines to fly to a Green country and steps off the plane, never leaves the airport and gets back on the next flight. 

The information says 'transiting in a green list country' does not count as being in a green list country (and the Philippines is not on the green list) so my guess is they'd likely refuse re-entry (but it's just a guess of course).

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

The information says 'transiting in a green list country' does not count as being in a green list country (and the Philippines is not on the green list) so my guess is they'd likely refuse re-entry (but it's just a guess of course).

It's purely hypothetical but technically you've not arrived in the new country until you pass through immigration yet you've had your visa cancelled when you depart Manila so should get a new visa on arrival. 

I'm not going to try it, just using my twisted mind so wonder what the outcome would be. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

should get a new visa on arrival

Do they still allow visa on arrival?

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do they still allow visa on arrival?

One report said it was only tourists from Green countries that were allowed free visa on entry.  I took that as the usual 30 days.  Scarily on the Department of Foreign Affairs it looks like they are implimenting 30 days then you must leave. You must also have an exit flight.  Left hand might not be talking to the right hand.  If that's correct no more entry and the 36 month clock resetting. 

https://dfa.gov.ph/list-of-countries-for-21-day-visa

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

.  Scarily on the Department of Foreign Affairs it looks like they are implimenting 30 days then you must leave. You must also have an exit flight

From the info I have read its the same as it always was, 30 days on arrival then extend. I have not seen anywhere where it says this is now limited to 30 days only. Everything says visa on arrival with exit ticket which was always the case.

The link you posted is not new, its a list of countries that can avail a visa on arrival and most of those countries are not on the green list at the moment which tells me its the same info posted years ago. Even the link mentions 21 days lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The link you posted is not new, its a list of countries that can avail a visa on arrival and most of those countries are not on the green list at the moment which tells me its the same info posted years ago. Even the link mentions 21 days lol

LOL I'd forgotten about the old 21 day rule!

In case anyone was wondering, I've been assured by the PI consulate in Aust extending on a 9a is permissible as well.  Now I just have to hope BI is on the same page.  I'll be submitting my 13a on arrival but it would be nice to have a buffer.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

From the info I have read its the same as it always was, 30 days on arrival then extend. I have not seen anywhere where it says this is now limited to 30 days only. Everything says visa on arrival with exit ticket which was always the case.

I saw the 21 days also and just put it down to efficiency. :whistling:

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

LOL I'd forgotten about the old 21 day rule!

Been a long time since those days but cant remember when it started.

• Like 1