Tackling the stray dog problem

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Only 1 of our 3 is a hunter - she regularly leaves a dead rat on the doorstep to show she's earning her keep.  Of course, they never eat them as they are well-fed so not necessary. Funnily enough, our neighbours dogs happily co-exist with our cats with no fighting.

Just to add to this thread, one of our Belgian Malinos’ often comes to give my GF, “ mummy I aren’t I a good girl” with a dead rat in her mouth, or so sometimes a cat, the more she is praised the more often the gifts.

• Like 2

softail
Posted
Posted

In 1959 when I was a kid my father moved the family to the Galápagos Islands. We lived on San Cristobal island.  At the time the locals had a unique solution to the stray dog problem. Once a year they would kill any dog they saw out and about. They would then throw all the bodies in the bay, thus feeding the sharks. If one had a family pet was best to keep them in during the kill.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, softail said:

In 1959 when I was a kid my father moved the family to the Galápagos Islands. We lived on San Cristobal island.  At the time the locals had a unique solution to the stray dog problem. Once a year they would kill any dog they saw out and about. They would then throw all the bodies in the bay, thus feeding the sharks. If one had a family pet was best to keep them in during the kill.

Sounds like a canine version of "The Purge!"

• Haha 1