Quarantine Motels Manila?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys, 

Do any of you have any motels you can recommend for my six days in the gulag (quarantine) in Manila?  Happy to pay PHP2.5 - 3k a night.  Balcony preferred. 

Cheers.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted

Not sure if they have balconies, but Red Planet isn't too bad if your on a budget. If was going to be locked up in some room for 6 days i would probably look at a more expensive option. 

Berjaya Makati and i will meet you for drinks once you have checked in :smile:

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Star light bed and breakfast, meals cooked in house, takeaway just around the corner if you don't like there meals, manly Pommy meals, balcony not oversized but good enough, pick up at the airport, takes quarantine guests, I've stayed there 14 days and still cheap, the wife was in touch with them less than a month ago. On line, the address, Park Ave Pasay. 

• Like 3

amcan13
Posted
Posted

I stayed in the Seda residence hotel in Makati.  It was a nice 1 bedroom suite, full kitchen and washer/dryer.  The 3 meals a day were really amazing. Some really well done regional specialities. You get two options for each meal.   I agree if locked in a room make it a nice one.  I am thinking it was around 8k or so a night, with meals.   They let you use grab to order any items they don't offer.  So you need Gcash typically to pay for grab stuff easily.  I might go back there someday to use the pool I got to look at every day from window. It is high up so view was very nice.  The bathroom had huge tub and nice shower with full length window for view.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

Tropicana Suites in Malate (Near Robinsons Mall). Many of the rooms have a nice sized balcony as well as a kitchenette. With the breakfast included option most rooms go for about 60 USD a night. Lot of food delivery options in the area and staff will grocery shop for you (for a tip of course). 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gator said:

Tropicana Suites in Malate

Has to be an approved quarantine hotel. I dont think this one is but maybe I missed it or my list has changed.

Hotels

https://quarantine.doh.gov.ph/boq-allowed-and-dot-accredited-quarantine-facilities-as-of-august-4-2021/

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

These posts are a great idea, giving us orphans a good idea of what to expect and of course prices.

Keep them coming please members.

Personally I have kept in touch with an Aussie bloke who runs a hotel in Ermita, who was on the list of approved hotels but he pulled out of the plan because in his words “the rules kept changing everyday, and the paperwork kept increasing “

No surprises there.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Has to be an approved quarantine hotel. I dont think this one is but maybe I missed it or my list has changed.

Hotels

https://quarantine.doh.gov.ph/boq-allowed-and-dot-accredited-quarantine-facilities-as-of-august-4-2021/

The link you posted was as of Aug 4, 2021. It has been updated several times since then. As far I’m aware this link is to the most recent list: 

https://onehealthpass.com.ph/quarantinehotels/

Tropicana Suites is number 415 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 1/4/2022 at 1:50 PM, BrettGC said:

Hi Guys, 

Do any of you have any motels you can recommend for my six days in the gulag (quarantine) in Manila?  Happy to pay PHP2.5 - 3k a night.  Balcony preferred. 

Cheers.  

Brett just ensure a back up in place, My friend was booked into a hotel yesterday  for a night  Manila pre departure to US. Arrived to be told no cancelled...new rules, finally after huge struggle was accepted. Next day told his pre paid  Covid test was cancelled due to high demand.....More panic as flight same day. Finally had it done for double the normal price.

So be aware.

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah Brett keep us all informed of your journey and pitfalls, just incase we're on the road earlier than intisipated.

• Like 3