9a visa help: Financial Capacity

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

To me it means a foreigner must be able to support himself, pay for his own deportation  if need be. What it means is the Philippines goverment do not want to have to pay costs to keep you alive if you were sick with no money. Homeless etc. Yes I know you can say they dont do that for their own either but its just supposed to be another safeguard to prevent  foreigners being a burden. There are some about, one used to live on a bench outside Mcdonald's near me. Theres other cases I have seen in the news and social media of foreigners down on their luck.

There are other requirement's for foreigners like no  disease or being insane bla bla but several l have met over the years seem to get away with being insane :smile:

Just going back to the guy at McDonalds, he had visits from some people who I dont know if they are a goverment group or what but to check his welfare. One time he had been bitten by something and a leg was very infected. They took him for medical help and brought him back all for free. Who they were beats me.

I agree with what you are saying, I just think it was expressed in a strange way by the authorities.

I am very positive to that they do have some requirements for foreigners who would like to live in the Philippines. I have seen what can happen when you accept anyone to live in your country 😟

• Like 1

Northbird
Posted
Posted
On 1/18/2022 at 4:06 AM, Gator said:

Tomorrow or Wednesday when I get my mail I’ll ask if they offer a mail forwarding service and what the cost would be.

Thanks a lot! That would be very helpful :biggrin:

Also if you don't mind, I got two more questions:

1.) How long did it take from your 9a application until you received it?

2.) Was the application process smooth for you? Or were you missing something/wrong document/had to send something back etc.?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Northbird said:

2.) Was the application process smooth for you? Or were you missing something/wrong document/had to send something back etc.?

For mine, with the embassy in Australia, about 2 weeks.  

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Northbird said:

You’re welcome. I spoke to the owner and he does forward mail for ppl.  In your case it might be a bit complicated as he does not offer money order services. He suggested you contact the embassy / consulate and confirm they will accept an international money order for payment of their fees. As far as the forwarding service goes he will charge about 20USD plus the actual shipping costs.  You can DHL your docs to him and he’ll forward via priority mail (with tracking number) to the consulate. Then once he receives them back he will DHL them to you. Without knowing your location in Germany he estimates the total shipping to be about 100USD…… $32 for the round trip priority mail and about $70 for DHL back to you. He prefers a credit card for payment but if necessary will accept PayPal. He would provide you via email scanned copies of the receipts with the respective tracking numbers. If your interested then PM me for his contact info. 

The process for getting my 9a visa went smoothly and I had it back in just over  2 weeks. That included the Christmas and New Years holidays. 

Edited by Gator