BI Dress Regulations

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I remember some years back that there were dress regulations introduced to enter BI:  Long pants, covered shoes and a collared t-shirt.  Does anyone know if this is still the case?

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I remember some years back that there were dress regulations introduced to enter BI:  Long pants, covered shoes and a collared t-shirt.  Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Yes, still strict and if any female with you she must have her shoulders covered and a resepectable dress.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I've always worn long pants, covered shoes and a polo shirt with a collar when I've visited BI in CDO but I'm not sure why I bother.  The local expats all seem to go there wearing shorts and T-Shirts without a collar and half of them are wearing 'slippers' (thongs, flip-flops).

I started wearing that style of clothing because I heard the same thing.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Yes, still strict and if any female with you she must have her shoulders covered and a resepectable dress.

It must vary from office to office?  I have seen quite a few men wearing walking shorts in the Cebu office at J Mall.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Oh well, jeans, collared shirt and Doc Marten boots first go around and I'll check out the situation in Dumaguete.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I remember some years back

10 years ago I wore the listed uniform at Intrumuros,,,,I was the only one...Shorts, collared polo shirt and walking sandals (not flip flops) since then, no problems

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

No special requirements in Dumaguete BI mate.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is the official policy.  They relaxed it in 2013.  If you have a meeting like with a 13A, dress up.  I would never try a tank top.

If you have a long travel, bring the more strict things in a backpack, just in case.

I'm going to Olongapo on Wednesday.  Collared shirt, shorts and slippers.  Whenever I go to a gov office, I throw shoes and socks in the car, just in case.

https://immigration.gov.ph/78-top-stories/563-new-dress-code-policy

NEW DRESS CODE POLICY

Administrative Circular No. SBM-2013-007 was issued on 01 October 2013 revising the policy on dress code imposed on clients transacting or with official business in the Bureau of Immigration (BI). Policy amendments were made to maximize and accommodate visitors and foreign nationals with legitimate dealings with the BI as well as the consideration of the tropical weather in the Philippines and the usual tourist attire.

The new policy requires strict adherence to decent attire and prescribed the minimum dress code requirements both for men and women. Meanwhile, business/office attire is required for those attending hearings or official meetings.

resized--dress-code.jpg

resized--dress-code.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I went with the enemy to Intramuros last month and she was refused entry as her shoulders were on display. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 1