BI Dress Regulations

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I went with the nemy to Intramuros last month and she was refused entry as her shoulders were on display. 

Yes, Intramuros is probably the most stringent.  Olongapo is probably loose, but I think they still enforce the women more than men.  I don't think they allows guests now due to Covid, but in the past I don't think I ever saw a woman in there that was not covered well.  Even the bar girlfriends with the tourist extending boyfriends!  :smile:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

First off, It's not just the BI with a dress code - the BIR and DFA have the same as per notices they have up. My wife had to buy a t-shirt covering her shoulders when she renewed her passport.

Here in Iloilo it seems to be quite strict as I don't see folk with shorts and slippers although uncollared t-shirts are normal.

Actually, I never wear shorts when I'm going to the mall or city as I rarely wear jeans these days so it's a chance to dress up a bit for me. Everywhere has a/c anyway so no real problem.

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Gator said:

Just happened to see this sign today In Moalboal at the Municipal Hall. I was always under the impression that for most gov offices you needed to wear long pants, collared shirt and closed toe shoes or sandals. I know the BOI relaxed it’s rules back in 2013, but even so I usually put on a pair  of light weight long pants, polo shirt and shoes. Show a little respect and maybe the service might be a little better. 

EA454E85-0F5E-4494-AE6F-419B2788B158.jpeg

My thinking as well.  

• Like 4

Gas
Posted
Posted

I always make sure my dress is below the knee and I've never had a problem :tongue: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gas
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Here is the official policy.  They relaxed it in 2013.  If you have a meeting like with a 13A, dress up.  I would never try a tank top.

It was a sad day for the guy who used to rent jogging pants to tourists looking to extend their visas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gas said:

It was a sad day for the guy who used to rent jogging pants to tourists looking to extend their visas. 

And that maybe the reason BI has more relaxed rules than the other gov offices.  A lot of their traffic is "tourists" getting extensions, and tourist in hot climate normally wear shorts.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

And that maybe the reason BI has more relaxed rules than the other gov offices.  A lot of their traffic is "tourists" getting extensions, and tourist in hot climate normally wear shorts.

Yes thats what they said when they relaxed the dress code years ago.

• Like 1