Where to find large shoes?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, scott h said:

Do they have other cloths,,,underwear, shirts and such? Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip :thumbsup:

They do, but I have not looked at the men's clothes closely.  Not sure if they have underwear.  I have to go find some slippers so I will take a look.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I was curious if they have stores outside of Subic Bay, but apparently they do not.  Their rapid expansion here during the pandemic is puzzling.

They probably would not survive in other areas more so since the pandemic. No tourist or many that used to live here went home so not as much need for large shoes or clothes.

I can not get tops my size here but my sister is sending some. My GF has a workmate that has his clothes made by an aunt and we were going to ask that person about having some clothes made for me but now the workmate and her are not talking so cant get aunts details :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Sort of off topic but surprises me that its still hard to get big sizes here as I see so many larger Filipinos these days. That was one of my business ideas, set up a clothing shop that makes big sizes and can be bought online to ship anywhere.

Maybe I should rethink that idea.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, scott h said:

Do they have other cloths,,,underwear, shirts and such? Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip :thumbsup:

They have a lot of shirts and shorts, very large sizes as well, I'm not sure about underwear, the socks are expensive. i think the owners get clothing from discount stores or closeouts  stateside, I've seen some TJMax tags on some items. There's some really good quality stuff in there like Banana Republic etc. I think I've seen the owner or one of the owners, a white guy showed up to supervise the unloading of a big truck filled with boxes of items. They did really well when the cruise ships and tourists were around pre-pandemic.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No tourist or many that used to live here went home so not as much need for large shoes or clothes.

They do well with Filipinos too.  They have all sizes.  They have two stores at Harbor Point mall and one is just for kids.  I have not been in it yet.

11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Sort of off topic but surprises me that its still hard to get big sizes here as I see so many larger Filipinos these days.

I agree.  I suspect many must use a tailor.  SM has a line of large men's clothes but even their largest sizes are not all that big.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Side note, my nephew just posted on FB a picture of his new shoes.

"no its just about the only shoe that will fit me anymore. Size 17 EEEE"

He was just joking around with his friends.  He is 6' 9" and weighs 350-400 lbs!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I suspect many must use a tailor.

I used to.  I forget where I went in Cebu but there are some good tailors who used to charge less for personally fitted clothes than off the shelf retail.  I stopped doing it when I started finding good stuff in the ukay ukay stalls.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/16/2022 at 8:08 AM, OnMyWay said:

SM has a line of large men's clothes but even their largest sizes are not all that big.

Yep, didn't fit me a couple of years ago when I tried and doubt if anything has changed.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yep, didn't fit me a couple of years ago when I tried and doubt if anything has changed.

They do sell XXX T-Shirts (which fit me) but they don't always have them (unlike smaller sizes) but the shorts are more of an issue, I did have some success asking them to add some larger sizes to their next order and coming back a couple of weeks later.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 2/8/2022 at 5:27 PM, Baluoyolo said:

I have US size 14 feet but all the online shops I have found top out at size 13. Where do you find large shoes?

Phils government offices ? 

Clowns on vehicle.jpg

• Haha 2