Curfew hours in the Philippines.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

With the country finally opening up to tourists will they also lift the curfew. I cannot see many people (purely tourist) coming if they have to be home by 10 or 11 pm. By the time you come back from your daytrip have a shower and eat it may well be time to stay in your hotel. I for one would avoid this as there would be no nightlife.

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Keeping the curfew would end up defeating the purpose of opening up the Country to tourism. Hopefully the powers to be start looking seriously at putting this behind them. It has already destroyed a lot of businesses in the tourism sector. We can only hope for the best. 

• Like 5

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Just to clarify that Eddie1 came up with this topic and I stole it from him. 

Call the police!!    :Policeman:

All joking aside, Kevin worded it perfectly.  Seriously, what is the purpose of the curfew any longer?  (Was there any real purpose in the first place?).  Dumaguete is a 10pm curfew, slowly some of the bars in quieter locations are not following this rule if they can get away with it.  Others, like the more prominent establishments on the Boulevard have little choice other than to adhere to the 10pm ruling.  Nobody ever seems to question it or raise a voice against it, apathy seems to be the order of the day here.

• Like 5

Freebie
Posted
Posted

No curfew at all in all of NCR.

Seems like all the tinpot rulers of the various LGUs are hanging on to their last vestiges of power over the people. Hopefully come elections, the smart people will vote them out.

And as one poster states what purpose do they/did they serve ? Demonstration of power only perhaps. 

The old " my barangay/purok/town is stricter than yours " game.

• Like 5

Gator
Posted
Posted

I had forgotten about the Cebu curfew and my wife reminded me of it last week while we were discussing the reopening. I don’t recall seeing any warnings or posters about it in the airport or in fact anywhere. I doubt most tourists coming here would know either. IMHO if they’re going to reopen the country for tourism, then open it all the way up…..no curfews, higher occupancy of restos and allow night clubs / bars to fully open. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

higher occupancy of restos and allow night clubs / bars to fully open. 

The alert level dictates the occupancy of bars, restaurants etc so local goverment have to abide by that as its a IATF rule. The curfew is Ramas idea in the city and he has the power to change it. In the next day or so new alert levels will come out. Cebu city expects level 2 so will open up just a bit more and I would say curfew will become from 12 to 3 am again.

Totally dumb idea of curfew but nothing we can do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2022 at 7:09 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

The alert level dictates the occupancy of bars, restaurants etc so local goverment have to abide by that as its a IATF rule. The curfew is Ramas idea in the city and he has the power to change it. In the next day or so new alert levels will come out. Cebu city expects level 2 so will open up just a bit more and I would say curfew will become from 12 to 3 am again.

Totally dumb idea of curfew but nothing we can do.

I read Mandaue has lifted the curfew. Maybe some common sense is prevailing at last. Nah just a dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/16/2022 at 6:17 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I read Mandaue has lifted the curfew. Maybe some common sense is prevailing at last. Nah just a dream.

The Cebu city mayor says for now we stay the same while he meets with the people who all have an input. He says he's open to the idea of removing curfew but wants to make a special announcement on the 24th which is some sort of special day for Cebu so basically the month will be over and at the end of the month we might be level one anyway.

It appears most others on the committee are in favor of no curfew as well.

Just to add, he did give a verbal permission for us to stay one hour later on valentines day just for humanity reason lol.

Can you imagine the border of Mandaue city and Cebu city, one side of the road will be out all night partying and the other side tucked up in bed lol

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Can you imagine the border of Mandaue city and Cebu city, one side of the road will be out all night partying and the other side tucked up in bed lol

Kind of like the check points where half the passengers walk pass the checkpoint a 100 meters and then get back on the overloaded jeepney.  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2