Curfew hours in the Philippines.

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Kind of like the check points where half the passengers walk pass the checkpoint a 100 meters and then get back on the overloaded jeepney.  :tongue:

Same when I flew to Cebu. Only place I needed the Traze app was at the Clark airport. Cebu Pacific makes a big deal about online check in, contactless baggage drop and social distancing. Yet when you check in they still give you a paper boarding pass and pack you like sardines into a bus to take you 100 meters to the aircraft 🤣

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

Up here in Pangasinan, curfew has been set to between 10pm and 4am from Feb 16th-Feb 28th inclusive. Level 2 wotsit introduced at the same time. Doesn't affect me, but bar-hopping would be a bit subdued for most I guess.  

Wild til 9pm.png

• Haha 5

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

Yet when you check in they still give you a paper boarding pass and pack you like sardines into a bus to take you 100 meters to the aircraft

you forgot to mention the ridiculous inane way of deplaning.... yes its sensible the we go by rows to avoid close contact with  each other.. but where the heck is sense in then packing everyone onto a crowded bus because theres no jetway. 

Does anyone there  ever ask the glaringly obvious question " Does THIS make sense ?"

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

curfew has been set to between 10pm and 4am

What's wrong with that, haven't you ever done a 6 hour stint in a pub. :cheersty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Clermont said:

What's wrong with that, haven't you ever done a 6 hour stint in a pub. :cheersty:

Filipino bar around the corner closes the doors with people inside during curfew hours. You can get out but not in so drink all night and day if you want to. 

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Curfew lifted in Cebu Province for adults, still in effect for minors.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/425813/curfew-lifted-in-cebu-province

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think many will be ignoring curfews anyway. Boracay is 1am to 4am which isn't bad but last month I was in Manila when it was level 3. I was in a dodgy part of town and noticed a couple of heavies guarding a door to a bar and could just make out some music.  I chanced it and went over.

The security opened one door to let me in then along a small corridor to another door that they knocked on and it slid sidewards. The bar was full and a live band playing. Probably busier than most bars I'd seen before lockdown.

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think many will be ignoring curfews anyway.

The security opened one door to let me in then along a small corridor to another door that they knocked on and it slid sidewards. The bar was full and a live band playing. Probably busier than most bars I'd seen before lockdown.

Reminds me of stories my grand parents would tell about what life was like during the prohibition era. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 8:50 AM, Ram1957 said:

Curfew lifted in Cebu Province for adults, still in effect for minors.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/425813/curfew-lifted-in-cebu-province

We prefer to post the story with a link where possible rather than just a link on this forum.

Remembers this just province and Mayor Rama makes an announcement on the 24th which is Charters day, whatever that is but since he wants to wait till then it will be a good announcement as he wont be making a bad one after making people wait.