Single Carrier Only When Inbound

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The Phillipina Pea touched on this issue in one of her earlier videos, her "experts" view was that transiting in an airport was ok but that as soon as you went through customs (even if it was out and then straight back in just to collect your luggage) then that country became your 'last port of departure' (which makes sense).

Some carriers allow transiting between different airline when they're running 'codeshare routes' and you can transit between different carriers.  Qantas and Emerites, Qantas and British Airways on certain routes (just examples).

Of course in those cases you've got a single booking which shows as "Qantas on both legs" even though you've flown on a different airline... so the issue that Reekays mate had should not arise but as we all know Immigration are the ones who decide.

My take on it is his mate did the wrong thing and got pulled up on it.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

My take on it is his mate did the wrong thing

I was previously considering using singapore Airlines to Singapore than buying a separate ticket on Jetstar to go from Philippines to Manila.   Sounds like that would be the wrong thing but I got the idea from this forum 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks. Then in another post I mentioned it couldn’t be done, so I bit the bullet and paid extra to with Philippines airlines direct flight.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted

It doesn't matter if you are different airlines, what matters is that it's the same ticket (or PNR)

If you split PNRs then you are obviously making life more difficult as each airline has no idea about the other ticket, and each airline (or PNR) will look at the restrictions for THEIR destination.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, Gator said:

Reekay makes it sound like you can’t fly on different airlines to get to the Philippines.

I haven't watched the video and wont. Reekay knows everything and some idolise his words. Haven't watched him for a long time and l know it will still be the same.

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I haven't watched the video and wont. Reekay knows everything and some idolise his words. Haven't watched him for a long time and l know it will still be the same.

He annoys me as well but occasionally does have some good info.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

He annoys me as well but occasionally does have some good info.

Ditto!  He is often well researched, but his "know it all" attitude where no one else is more correct than he is . .  well that does not sit well.  But it gets him views.

• Like 1