Obtaining Acr-I Card As A Tourist - Manila Only?

Search
Posted
Posted

Given that many banks insist on the ACR I card, I am hoping to obtain it. I originally tried to obtain one in Cebu but they would not issue due to my having a tourist visa. I have since read on another web site that it is possible but only at the head office in Manila. Has anyone actually done this?Thanks for the help.Search

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted (edited)
Given that many banks insist on the ACR I card, I am hoping to obtain it. I originally tried to obtain one in Cebu but they would not issue due to my having a tourist visa. I have since read on another web site that it is possible but only at the head office in Manila. Has anyone actually done this?Thanks for the help.Search
To the best of my knowledge, currently anyone on a tourist visa cannot obtain an ACR card. It is the intention of the BI to make them available to tourists who have been in RP for longer than 6 months but it certainly hasn't happened in Cebu yet - maybe manila has made the change.If you need to open an bank account without an ACR card PM me. If you need it for Skycable, Globe, etc - put it in your gf's name.Paul Edited by ancienrocka

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Opening a bank account is at the managers discretion you will find that dealing with a bank manager directly you wont have the ACR I problem. People on the counters are more wary due to following bank procedures..

retired
Posted
Posted
Opening a bank account is at the managers discretion you will find that dealing with a bank manager directly you wont have the ACR I problem. People on the counters are more wary due to following bank procedures..
Amen to that regarding the tellers . Half the time they don't even know what the banks own rules are based on an experience my wife and i had . Some managers will wave it here in CDO but not all . Might have better luck with a smaller bank .

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Definitly but it wont take long for a manager wanting you to open an account but in an instant a teller wont want to commit to a decision ;-)

• 2 months later...
bkm
Posted
Posted
Don't quote me on this but am pretty sure that now all people here on tourist visas that are doing the "extend 59 days" thing over and over (even the first extension) are now required to get the ACR-I card. Cost is about $50 and is only good for one year. This started in Manila a few months back and just went into effect here in Angeles City yesterday. I have an SRRV so don't gotta worry about it :th_need_vac:

• 4 weeks later...
love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: For those who may not know, you can open a bank acct with, PNB without anything but your passport. You can even open it, from your own country prior to arriving in PI if you wanted to. No need to be in country for 6 months either.

easy44
Posted
Posted

The ACR-I card is now a requirement in Cebu also.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Just got mine the other day.2278 pesos....40 pesos legal fee. What a fecking scam! Anybody know what happens when I leave the country? I am planning a Thailand trip soon to ride the elephants and convert my religion...I was told I only need one per year, but I don't trust these idiots in charge of anything here. 1%20%28103%29.gif

easy44
Posted
Posted
Just got mine the other day.2278 pesos....40 pesos legal fee. What a fecking scam! Anybody know what happens when I leave the country? I am planning a Thailand trip soon to ride the elephants and convert my religion...I was told I only need one per year, but I don't trust these idiots in charge of anything here. 1%20%28103%29.gif
My understanding is you have to surrender it when you leave the country, so if you stay a year no problem but less than a year and maybe you have to pay again? I'm really not sure about it, but that's what it sounds like.