Obtaining Acr-I Card As A Tourist - Manila Only?

johnb
Posted
Posted

I also heard that you have to hand it in when you leave the country, I collected mine Yesterday and fly out of Manila on the 27Th I also have my exit certificate in my hot and sweaty hands, So I'll post what happened at Immigration once I get back to the UK, or perhaps sooner if I get stuck in Abu Dhabi.John

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Inspector
Posted
Posted
13. SURRENDER OF ACR I-CARD UPON EXIT/DEPARTURE. - The ACR I-CARD shall be presented and surrendered to and retained bu the Immigration Officer at the primary inspection counter upon exit/departure from the country. The concerned Immigration Officer shall immediately turn-over the surrendered ACR I-CARDs to the ACR I-CARD Center at the BI Main Office for inventory and proper disposition BI page
So, does this mean if you get it back when you arrive to the PI after turning it in, if it is within a years time? ...or do you need to pay again? :cheers:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
13. SURRENDER OF ACR I-CARD UPON EXIT/DEPARTURE. - The ACR I-CARD shall be presented and surrendered to and retained bu the Immigration Officer at the primary inspection counter upon exit/departure from the country. The concerned Immigration Officer shall immediately turn-over the surrendered ACR I-CARDs to the ACR I-CARD Center at the BI Main Office for inventory and proper disposition BI page
So, does this mean if you get it back when you arrive to the PI after turning it in, if it is within a years time? ...or do you need to pay again? :cheers:
The left hand does not know what the right is doing here so chances of getting it back would be slim and probably none, also my guess is that it starts all over again. Maybe some of you who are married might want to look into the SRRV which your wife would only have to deposit $1500 if your wife applies for you but I still have not looked fully into all those since we are here on a BB and will probably continue using that as long as we can when coming back and forth, and we have been using that for many years now.Mayen at the Cebu main branch of Bank of Commerce on the circle could answer any questions for you since she and her bank handle the SRRV. Mayen 253 1951 or 52 or 53 or best to call and then stop in to see her.

UZI
Posted
Posted
The left hand does not know what the right is doing here so chances of getting it back would be slim and probably none, also my guess is that it starts all over again. Maybe some of you who are married might want to look into the SRRV which your wife would only have to deposit $1500 if your wife applies for you but I still have not looked fully into all those since we are here on a BB and will probably continue using that as long as we can when coming back and forth, and we have been using that for many years now.Mayen at the Cebu main branch of Bank of Commerce on the circle could answer any questions for you since she and her bank handle the SRRV. Mayen 253 1951 or 52 or 53 or best to call and then stop in to see her.
Lee,Don't confuse the TOURIST ACR I card with the RESIDENTS one. Those of us with 13a etc Residents ACR I card DO NOT surrender the card, only the Tourists do when they leave. This allows the card to be wiped & reused for a new tourist. If a tourist returns, then they will need a new one again after 59 days.Uzi

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee,Don't confuse the TOURIST ACR I card with the RESIDENTS one. Those of us with 13a etc Residents ACR I card DO NOT surrender the card, only the Tourists do when they leave. This allows the card to be wiped & reused for a new tourist. If a tourist returns, then they will need a new one again after 59 days.Uzi
OK, you got me on that, and I have to wonder if the temporary I cards would now be treated the same when people leave? I know in the US the time out of country goes against a green card holder and if they are out too long they have to start the process all over again, so while I know the I cards for residents are a different classification, it seems the BI is now all about making more money, so how far a stretch is that going to be before that starts if not already.