[2022-02-16] 13A Visa Intramuros Update **Implementation to permanent Visit**

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there this one will be brief but wanted to get it out there to help out whomever :)

Applied on November 8th and was approved on Agenda list from Feb 11, 2022.

If you are fully vaccinated just show them the dosage cares and you have to fill out a health declaration (through QR code) from at the entrance with a temperature check.   You show your ID and get stamped and in you go.

Window 36 is the window where you hand in your documents (IE passport) and will be given a yellow form with more redundant already all over your application type information to fill out.

Five minutes later, you are given an appointment slip that is dictated to you on a microphone even though you are standing right next to the window explaining things about not needing an appointment and to come back in 2 days to get your nonsense.   You are then directed to window 1 to make sure that your ACR card is going to be available on the same day. When we went there, it was identified that it was.  Woo hoo.

One thing to note here is that if you are doing all this it seems that for some reason the whole "Annual Report" thing is separate and we were trying to consolidate visits so we were told that for the annual report you will need an online appointment even if you are already there for this 13a Implementation thing.   Insanity.   I had to make sure to go in today and book this appointment independent of the 13A.  So make sure that you do that though right now it seems like there are lots of appointments.   The guy at window 1 also said if you want, you can go outside to where the "notory scam" takes place (see my other posts lol.) and they can help you get this immediately, "somehow" without an appointment.   I think you can see where this one would end up going :)

We shall see how this goes when we go back there.

It's more fun in the Philippines :)

Edited by Shol
  • Like 5

graham59
Posted
Posted

At Dagupan Field Office, the QR code (for generating an Annual Report appointment) was displayed outside, and you just scanned it and waited for the appointment (for that same day) to be sent to your phone after a few minutes.  lol.  Love em there. :biggrin:

Anyway, so did my Annual Report and 13A (conversion) application in one trip. Now waiting for the outcome. :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 4

Shol
Posted
Posted

I have updated my note to include that.  It is a QR code and the security outside the place will ask you to do that ahead of being allowed inside.  I have no clue on if there is an actual paper form to fill out didn't get a chance to check.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Shol said:

we were told that for the annual report you will need an online appointment even if you are already there for this 13a Implementation thing.   Insanity. 

This is soo funny... and sooo damn sad.

Some government yahoo thought this would be a good idea and told his staff its mandatory that this is followed... and probably added the usual " strictly" too.

Sadly there seems to be a lack of common sense in government offices, on a worldwide basis.

• Like 3

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

This is soo funny... and sooo damn sad.

Some government yahoo thought this would be a good idea and told his staff its mandatory that this is followed... and probably added the usual " strictly" too.

Sadly there seems to be a lack of common sense in government offices, on a worldwide basis.

I would love to try and get someone in charge but chances are unless I got very lucky I would just be looked at as some unruly entitled foreigner trying to get his away or whatever.  I suspect that it might not have been even factored in or considered and the lower tier employees now use it as another opportunity to send someone outside to pay 1k+ for convenience or something.

I agree with your "oxymoronesque" statement :)

Edited by Shol
  • Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Shol said:

One thing to note here is that if you are doing all this it seems that for some reason the whole "Annual Report" thing is separate and we were trying to consolidate visits so we were told that for the annual report you will need an online appointment even if you are already there for this 13a Implementation thing.   Insanity. 

I'm not sure, but isn't the information from the appointment used to update the computer record at the BI?  

Shol
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure, but isn't the information from the appointment used to update the computer record at the BI?  

It's possible I did notice it asks you for some "updated" information.   Just wish they would modernize this whole scenario and require less manual visits as this building his a horrible environment lol.

Just getting it out there that folks here might want to plan ahead in case appointments become limited since you could end up in a scenario where an extra visit might be required and that can be a hassle for a lot of folks.   

Best to be able to get it all scheduled on the same day if possible even if you are forced into scheduling an appointment.  (Which isn't a big deal currently.)

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

I dont know but why dont people use the online appointment booking system they tell everyone to use rather than go to the office to do it.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont know but why dont people use the online appointment booking system they tell everyone to use rather than go to the office to do it.

Agreed.

Shol
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You need the online appointment to actually go there and pay.  Though it was mentioned if you have no appointment, you can get an "instant one" though I surmised there would be an extra "unofficial" charge.

I believe and after being there today, at least in Intramuros you have to go there in person to complete this.   Not sure if you folks were referring to updating information as I didn't have to do much of anything upon arrival other than get "checked out" and then pay, and then leave :)