[2022-02-16] 13A Visa Intramuros Update **Implementation to permanent Visit**

Shol
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I think the logic behind this is to ensure the BI can gather key info on 13A visa holders electronically as this info is needed in order to create an account in order to log in to make the appointment.  

Just my guess.

Yeah probably I don't know how it would work out if someone shows up there for that with no appointment perhaps they would be charged with the fixer and forced to manually fill out an updated form. 

Not sure on that one since I didn't have to get to that point.

Signet
Posted
Posted

Hi again Shol, about to do my trip to the BI for my probationary to permanent resident visa.

Does anyone have an example (or know where to get) of the "Joint affidavit of continuous cohabitation of applicant and the petitioning spouse". Pretty sure this wasn't something we had to do last year. 

I take it it's different to the Joint letter request to the Commissioner and the "Affidavit of Guarantee of Authenticity"?

Thanks

• Hmm thinking 1

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there. I am going to attach a redacted of the exact one that I used and created through google research.

It is different and one of the only additional documents you will need.

This one worked for me just change the specifics to your own details.   I cannot say that it will be accepted for sure as who knows with some of these fellers it might depend on their mood or if breakfast was good lol.  

*** ONLY READ THE BELOW SECTION IF YOUR ADDRESS CHANGED SINCE YOU APPLIED/RECEIVED YOUR LATEST NBI CLEARANCE NOT INCLUDING ONLINE RENEWAL ***

One thing that caused me a brief moment of panic is when we applied, the lawyer at immigration rejected our letter at first because I had moved and put on my new address and he noticed there was a variance on some of the documents in the address they had on the previous documents. 

The lawyer wanted all documents to match our NBI clearance certificate which I had just done an online renewal so it still stated my old address we had left a few months previous.  So either make sure to use an updated address version of your NBI or simply use the old address that is on the NBI you are using if it's not your current address.  I just white outed (they provided the strips lol.) the new address and matched all the documents to the NBI and he accepted it.  Otherwise, would have to actually go in and redo the NBI Clearance and not the online one since details need to be updated.  Yikes. Thank goodness this wasn't required.

Madness, It's more fun in the Philippines

*** ONLY READ THE ABOVE SECTION IF YOUR ADDRESS CHANGED SINCE YOU APPLIED/RECEIVED YOUR LATEST NBI CLEARANCE NOT INCLUDING ONLINE RENEWAL ***

Please note, that they requested the cohabitation affidavit to be notarized and I just did it with the other documents in their little over priced scam alley next to the immigration office.  (Should invite "the comish" for coffee to see exactly how many of his employees are in on these little money making scams, since they are happening right under his nose lol.)

You can probably get away with doing it elsewhere for 1/4 the price we paid like 900 for all the documents.  (As it's absolutely not a sure thing most of them need to actually be notarized, but we just did it to get it over with lol.)  

SAMPLE COHAB FOR FORUM.rtf

Edited by Shol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Signet
Posted
Posted

Thanks so much again Shol, your threads have been a massive help going through all this! Very close to the end now... I hope!

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Signet said:

Hi again Shol, about to do my trip to the BI for my probationary to permanent resident visa.

Does anyone have an example (or know where to get) of the "Joint affidavit of continuous cohabitation of applicant and the petitioning spouse". Pretty sure this wasn't something we had to do last year. 

I take it it's different to the Joint letter request to the Commissioner and the "Affidavit of Guarantee of Authenticity"?

Thanks

I have just had to get one of those for my amendment to permanent 13a. The lawyer I use had a template which he just amended as required and printed it off together with the "Affidavit of Guarantee of Authenticity” which is a different letter. Both you and your wife need to sign. He deals with many expats, so possibly the attorney you use offers a similar service.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

The local 'BI-approved' Attorney did the same for us, when processing our 13A (Permanent) application last month...plus some other docs, notorizing, etc, as required. :smile:  

• Like 1

Signet
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys. Got my letter, affidavit of guarantee and affidavit of cohabitation all notarized. Let's see if they still make me do the alley trip...

• Like 2