100% Yes you can extend if visa free

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm currently in the main immigration in Intramuros and asked for the official line on visa extensions following the country opening up. 

If you arrived on a free 30 day visa from the 10th of February onwards you can extend as normal up to 36 months. If a satellite office says otherwise they are wrong. 

received_1695890017409827.jpeg

That's great news!

Is there any official statement on print from the BI?

Could be useful for those who have been refused extension, to show their local office.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

That's great news!

Is there any official statement on print from the BI?

Could be useful for those who have been refused extension, to show their local office.

Be serious it's the BI. 😁 I did say there was lots of rumours going around but seriously they don't give a shi@.  I already had one cashier throwing her teddy bear out the pram when I asked why they are charging me the annual fee as I'm a tourist. She said because I've been here over one year but I pointed out it's their rules not mine and it says nothing about time just that it covers everyone except tourists. I knew I was into a loser even though a guy there agreed with me but she is a superior. 

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I knew I was into a loser even though a guy there agreed with me but she is a superior. 

I think this, and similar situations  is where the " you cant fight City Hall" phrase came from.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

She said because I've been here over one year but I pointed out it's their rules not mine and it says nothing about time just that it covers everyone except tourists. I knew I was into a loser even though a guy there agreed with me but she is a superior. 

Sorry but you are wrong. You pay the 300 annual fee as a tourist when you extend. You dont have to report like 13a people but you still pay. Check your old receipts and you will see.

a report.PNG

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Sorry but you are wrong. You pay the 300 annual fee as a tourist when you extend. You dont have to report like 13a people but you still pay. Check your old receipts and you will see.

a report.PNG

The website says " except tourist visa holders." I'm a tourist. 

Screenshot_20220222_160648_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Bulaga67
Posted
Posted

Hi,

does anybody know if you can extend your 30 days tourist visa on arrival with another 29 days on NAIA?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The website says " except tourist visa holders." I'm a tourist. 

Im a tourist too. You can see my payment and every year it's the same. Yes no tourist have to do the checking as they take your money when you extend and that is your check in.

If you read your attached BI post you can see that everyone except a tourist has to do a check-in and thats what its telling you that 13a for example who dont regularly go to the BI must do a check in annual report.

Again if you look at last years extensions receipts about the same time you will see you paid 300 peso.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Bulaga67 said:

Hi,

does anybody know if you can extend your 30 days tourist visa on arrival with another 29 days on NAIA?

No reason why not but no one has posted about doing so as yet.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No reason why not but no one has posted about doing so as yet.

I did read that a few people tried to extend at the airport (on tourist visas) and were told they could not do it there, might be different if they asked a different officer?  Or on a different day? :whistling: