100% Yes you can extend if visa free

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The website says " except tourist visa holders." I'm a tourist. 

I thought you had an SRRV?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I thought you had an SRRV?

Had to extend as I only had 14 days left on my tourist visa and approaching the 36 months. The Philippines Retirement Authority wanted 20 days. No choice but to extend. 

• Like 2

Bulaga67
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info its all very confusing:571c66d400c8c_1(103): since you can only enter the country with a plane ticket for a maximum of 30 days on a tourist visa, i am struggling a little bit how to extend my visa.

The only option for the moment is buying a ticket with a flexible return date.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Bulaga67 said:

since you can only enter the country with a plane ticket for a maximum of 30 days on a tourist visa, i am struggling a little bit how to extend my visa

That is why we often refer to the exit ticket as a throwaway.  Everyone has the same problem.  Enter with the cheapest exit ticket and be prepared to throw it away OR buy a fully refundable ticket and get a refund as soon as you are in the Philippines.

Other options (I don't personally like these options) are renting a ticket or changing the date on your return ticket once inside the Philippines.

I know of no one who has ever been asked for an exit ticket when extending so once you are in, you are in.

• Like 3

Shol
Posted
Posted

There are other options than an actual ticket though I won't mention specifics, googling "onward ticket" might help you out.  I don't promote things generally that are arguably not legitimate but some of the requests / requirements are actually quite ridiculous considering how much money those coming in on tourist visa are spending generally.

Never had anyone ask me for an onward ticket except the airlines themselves upon check-in and once by a Philippines customs guy upon arrival in the Philippines.  (I had to fly on a white temporary Canadian passport that time, and "everyone" thought I was an international criminal because of that lol.  It took them 25 minutes to validate my visa at the time was valid. (Work visa.)  So everything was blaring red sirens because of the color of my passport haha. 

Anyway :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/23/2022 at 1:27 PM, Bulaga67 said:

The only option for the moment is buying a ticket with a flexible return date.

As Dave said, just get the cheapest ticket you can find, Malaysia was cheap the other day. then either never use it or if its refundable sort it out later. Remember you only need an onward ticket and not back to the starting destination so onward can be anywhere.

• Like 1

Bulaga67
Posted
Posted

Ok guys again many thanks for the helpful advice.👍😀

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As Dave said, just get the cheapest ticket you can find, Malaysia was cheap the other day. then either never use it or if its refundable sort it out later. Remember you only need an onward ticket and not back to the starting destination so onward can be anywhere.

Unite Air lines refused to my friend in LA with a genuine cheap departure ticket within a month. He was forced to buy a return ticket.

• Hmm thinking 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

We all know you must have an onward ticket to somewhere. It has been the law for probably forever. It does not have to be return, it can be anywhere as usual, onward is all thats required. The airlines dont know the law and it has not changed so they are wrong. Below quote from immigration 6th Feb and IATF 3 feb

Arriving tourists are also required to have a passport valid for at least 6 months and an outbound ticket.
https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/314354627398983

have valid tickets for their return journey to the port of
origin or next port of destination not later than thirty (30) days from date
of arrival in the Philippines;

IATF Resolution https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2022/02feb/20220203-RESO-160B-RRD.pdf

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The airlines dont know the law

That is the big problem, you pay your money, make your plans, go to the airport and you are at the mercy of a 20 something ticket agent, or a 30 something supervisor. If they say no board,,,you are screwed.

• Like 3