Exit Clearance 2022

ExtraThree
Posted
Posted

Hello all. Thank you in advance for your time.

I will be exiting PH with my entire family and concerned that  if it gives rise to the the perception I am not returning I will not be permitted to complete ECC at the airport. My wife will be traveling on a newly approved U.S visa.

(We have an airline travel voucher that will make a return visit free and will expire if we fail to use it by X-2023)

Thank you very much for any thoughts.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ExtraThree said:

Hello all. Thank you in advance for your time.

I will be exiting PH with my entire family and concerned that  if it gives rise to the the perception I am not returning I will not be permitted to complete ECC at the airport. My wife will be traveling on a newly approved U.S visa.

(We have an airline travel voucher that will make a return visit free and will expire if we fail to use it by X-2023)

Thank you very much for any thoughts.

I think you are saying that you have a one-way ticket to the U.S., and plan to turn the voucher into the return ticket???

If so, you need to turn the voucher into a return ticket before you leave.  Showing a voucher will not suffice to show the airline or immigration in both countries that your wife plans to return.  Same for any others travelling on a Filipino passport.

I don't understand what you are saying about ECC.  What type of Philippines visa do you have?

Edited by OnMyWay

ExtraThree
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I think you are saying that you have a one-way ticket to the U.S., and plan to turn the voucher into the return ticket???

If so, you need to turn the voucher into a return ticket before you leave.  Showing a voucher will not suffice to show the airline or immigration in both countries that your wife plans to return.  Same for any others travelling on a Filipino passport.

I don't understand what you are saying about ECC.  What type of Philippines visa do you have?

I am sorry made that confusing. I have a 13A and want to complete my exit clearance at the airport. I plan to return but am concerned it may look like I am not returning because ticket is one way. My understanding is different rules for exiting exist if it appears you are leaving PH for good. I am coming back at an undefined time (no return ticket to PH yet).

Thanks again.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, ExtraThree said:

I am sorry made that confusing. I have a 13A and want to complete my exit clearance at the airport. I plan to return but am concerned it may look like I am not returning because ticket is one way. My understanding is different rules for exiting exist if it appears you are leaving PH for good. I am coming back at an undefined time (no return ticket to PH yet).

Thanks again.

What type of newly approved U.S. visa does your wife have?

skippyscage
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nowhere in the ECC-B does it state you need a return ticket - it just says you need a ticket to exit.

If you're worried about having to do it on the day, go to your nearest BI office and do it in advance - it took me around 20 minutes in the Iloilo City office (I have a one-way ticket as my travel is flexible and I may come back from a different county I enter - they never questioned a one-way itinerary)

Once you have that clearance that's all you need.

Edited by skippyscage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Talako
Posted
Posted

Do have CFO taken care of for your wife?

• Thanks 1

ExtraThree
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Talako said:

Do have CFO taken care of for your wife?

Yes. That dose of insane bureaucracy done. Important reminder for others though. 

• Like 1

ExtraThree
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, skippyscage said:

Nowhere in the ECC-B does it state you need a return ticket - it just says you need a ticket to exit.

If you're worried about having to do it on the day, go to your nearest BI office and do it in advance - it took me around 20 minutes in the Iloilo City office (I have a one-way ticket as my travel is flexible and I may come back from a different county I enter - they never questioned a one-way itinerary)

Once you have that clearance that's all you need.

I did not know that was an option with a 13A. Thanks. 

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, ExtraThree said:

I did not know that was an option with a 13A. Thanks. 

If you have the time it’s the best way for piece of mind IMO. Paperwork all in a row before day of travel. 

ExtraThree
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, skippyscage said:

If you have the time it’s the best way for piece of mind IMO. Paperwork all in a row before day of travel. 

In person at a BOI office it even asks for five 2X2 photos- just check the BOI site. Yikes!