Exit Clearance 2022

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, ExtraThree said:

In person at a BOI office it even asks for five 2X2 photos- just check the BOI site. Yikes!

Not hard to do, there is a place that does ID photos in the same mall as immigration assuming you will be in Cebu. I dont recall needing 5 photos but been awhile since I got an ECC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ExtraThree said:

In person at a BOI office it even asks for five 2X2 photos- just check the BOI site. Yikes!

Yes. I got mine and they never wanted them. So your mileage may vary. Getting photos is fast and cheap anyway. 

also didn’t want a copy of the OR from the annual report, and never took my finger prints  

Maybe they’ve finally realised they all this one file already and it’s all duplication. Maybe 

Edited by skippyscage
  • Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

One thing to be very wary off if you are approaching your 36 months and doing a visa run, get your exit clearance at least one week in advance, it's valid for 30 days anyway.

I was helping a woman out who had got to the end of her 36 months and had 24hrs left before applying for her clearance. Immigration refused to give her one as they said it can take up to 6 days to get by which time she will be overstaying.

She was made to file a motion of consideration with the main BI. She's been waiting over a month for a reply to her motion and it's costing her rent.  When I went into the BI to chase it up for her they pretty much told me it is in a pile of others for actioning and they will be in touch. Mine cost the best part of 20k just to get a 2 month extension and I'd imagine hers will be similar.   

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2022 at 5:05 PM, ExtraThree said:

Hello all. Thank you in advance for your time.

I will be exiting PH with my entire family and concerned that  if it gives rise to the the perception I am not returning I will not be permitted to complete ECC at the airport. My wife will be traveling on a newly approved U.S visa.

(We have an airline travel voucher that will make a return visit free and will expire if we fail to use it by X-2023)

Thank you very much for any thoughts.

On 3/4/2022 at 7:27 PM, ExtraThree said:

I am sorry made that confusing. I have a 13A and want to complete my exit clearance at the airport. I plan to return but am concerned it may look like I am not returning because ticket is one way. My understanding is different rules for exiting exist if it appears you are leaving PH for good. I am coming back at an undefined time (no return ticket to PH yet).

Thanks again.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:43 PM, OnMyWay said:

What type of newly approved U.S. visa does your wife have?

20 hours ago, ExtraThree said:

Yes. That dose of insane bureaucracy done. Important reminder for others though. 

I am interested in the details of your situation because I may be in your shoes next year.  I have a 13a and my wife and step-daughter have pending IR visas for the U.S.  Our two other kids are dual PH / U.S. citizens.

We also would have a one-way ticket when we leave the Philippines as a family.  No plans to return except for holidays.  My wife and step-daughter would be carrying U.S. immigration packets when they leave and will have the immigrant visas in their passports.

I had never thought about what I would need to do with the 13a.  You seem to indicate that your family is immigrating to the U.S., like we would.  In my case, I will just be honest and tell them the truth, we are leaving for good, and only have plans to return for holiday.

I think your 13a will lapse if you do not do the annual report in Jan-Feb 2023.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I am interested in the details of your situation because I may be in your shoes next year.  I have a 13a and my wife and step-daughter have pending IR visas for the U.S.  Our two other kids are dual PH / U.S. citizens.

We also would have a one-way ticket when we leave the Philippines as a family.  No plans to return except for holidays.  My wife and step-daughter would be carrying U.S. immigration packets when they leave and will have the immigrant visas in their passports.

I had never thought about what I would need to do with the 13a.  You seem to indicate that your family is immigrating to the U.S., like we would.  In my case, I will just be honest and tell them the truth, we are leaving for good, and only have plans to return for holiday.

I'm not sure about that last part.

From what I've been told and read on here, not doing the AR is not grounds for losing a 13a. You can do it late and pay the fines.

Now, how many ARs you can miss is not clear as I was never able to get an answer.

The 13a is  a resident visa so holders should reside here but there are no specific rules around maintaining residency here, unlike many (most?) counties. 

• Thanks 1

ExtraThree
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

My issue is procedural not one of honesty. So far the only difference is non-returning means they take the ACR card away from you. I just don’t want to find out the hard way at the airport that one way automatically means you must surrender the ACR card at a BOI office.

I my case, for now, the nebulous rules here make an ECC at the BOI best. (Good advice posted above.)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, skippyscage said:

and never took my finger prints  

They dont do fingerprints these days or 2.5 years ago they didn't either.

• Thanks 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

They dont do fingerprints these days or 2.5 years ago they didn't either.

ha, would be nice if they updated the website in that case - oh, wait, right lol

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, skippyscage said:

ha, would be nice if they updated the website in that case - oh, wait, right lol

I would consider their website as a guide only. At least they normally answer questions through messenger.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, skippyscage said:

If you're worried about having to do it on the day, go to your nearest BI office and do it in advance

Not everyone will have that option.  Although ECC-B is at more offices now, the majority do not do it.  That is according to the directory of offices, which I know is less than reliable.  Best to call to verify what they can do.

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/DirectoryOfTransactions/2022_Yr/01_Jan/2022Jan25_DirOfTransaction.pdf

That list has always been a pet peeve of mine.  Every office lists their capabilities in a different way.  In the case of Iloilo, they just say they do ECC with nothing about A or B.  Others specifically say ECC A Only or ECC A&B, etc.

I would like to do it ahead of time at an office, but unless the list is wrong, the 3 offices with 1 hour of here do not do ECC-B.   I will ask when the time comes.

• Like 1