So what would be easier? Marriage question

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So really it's a waste of paper and time. Its like saying, maybe he is free to marry and maybe he is not.

The paper itself, as far as I am aware, is a requirement. I guess it’s down to the local office to accept it or otherwise. That was my experience anyway. But it’s very frustrating to jump through all the hoops to be let down at the last minute through circumstances entirely outside of our control.

My advice is to make sure there is sufficient time to effect a ‘plan B’ in the event something similar should happen to others.

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 3/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, Gustav said:

So my wife and I have been married in the US for 4 years but it is still not registered in the Philippines. We were debating what would be the easier route - file the paperwork with the consulate or when we go back to Philippines, just get married then.

Any thoughts on what would be easier? Would it be legal for us to get married in the Philippines?

And yes, I'm aware about the current laws in the Philippines about divorce. :)

Just do the ROM in the US. Saying that I am married to a Filipina and we live in the States. We are in no hurry to do the ROM.

• 2 months later...
ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted (edited)

Deleted :    Senior moment!

Edited by ThaiWolf
  • Haha 1