How much for land

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Emma has been approached by a friend who wants her to come in and buy a lot near DRT Bulacan , it’s 1,000 meters and the cost is 150,000 peso , apparently this friend has brought the same size lot with another friend and they are going to put a holiday house on there , now this friend lives here in the UK and her friend lives in Canada and one of there parents lives near the lots that are for sale and they are looking after all the details.

Now after being bitten a few times from family I’m not interested unless I have seen it myself and then I have to think about it for awhile too, so is there places still that are cheap as this around or is this friend pulling the wool over Emma’s eyes 

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted

yep.... you want to "see it"... because who knows if anyone's squatting on it, or some other "deal" that no one has mentioned. Then checking deeds, previous transfer sales, and any other family members with an interest.... the list goes on. 

Just last week a friend in the Philippines asked my SIL if she could "pawn" her property to her until she started getting her retirement checks from teaching.  I never heard of "pawning" property between individuals... but the wife says it's not that uncommon :shock_40_anim_gif:I have no idea how that paperwork would look like or hold up legally.

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Your wife is correct, she holds a promissory note until it payed off, but make sure there is a time frame on it. 

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have to agree with Mike. This deal just looks like it has ulcer written all over it. Any transaction "with friend," is a no go with me in the Philippines. My wife and I bought 2500 sqm for 150000 PHP but we had some inside help from family to keep the price down. My wife has a good job here in the States so she bought it as it is going to be hers legally anyway.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Many the stories I have heard over the years of the male partner away at sea for 12 months rotation, while he is away the girl gets an offer to buy some land, a deal too good to miss.

so the seafarer comes home and goes to look at the land with views of the ocean. Only the said land is covered by the ocean at high tide.

Much the same as the scam in Queensland, Australia. Same scam, same high tide covering land, the scammers made sure to view prospective buyers at low tide.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

stories I have heard over the years

There is a piece of land near where I lived in Biliran, Philippines that sold many times.  It is a beautiful piece of ocean front and a very nice large size.  The reason it sells so often is that every time someone tries to build on it, the DENR comes along to inform them it is an environmentally sensitive area and you can own the land but not build on it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We have a friends birthday party this Friday so we shall see them face to face this friend and I am sure behind her back her husband will be filling his eyes when the ladies talk about this great deal.

Thanks everyone for your comments 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/5/2022 at 11:03 PM, stevewool said:

I’m not interested unless I have seen it myself

Its probably a tax declaration rather than a titled lot.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2022 at 11:56 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Its probably a tax declaration rather than a titled lot.

And who knows if the taxes are current.