Current Covid Travel requirements.

fototek1
Posted
Posted

My wife and I are traveling back to the Philippines on the 28th for a 3 week visit and she is telling me we need a Covid test 48 hours before departure. The catch is that she is saying we need a QR code for the test. Do we need a QR code? What other travel requirements are there in addition to the One Health Pass? 

We are both fully vaccinated (including booster).

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

My wife and I are traveling back to the Philippines on the 28th for a 3 week visit and she is telling me we need a Covid test 48 hours before departure. The catch is that she is saying we need a QR code for the test. Do we need a QR code? What other travel requirements are there in addition to the One Health Pass? 

We are both fully vaccinated (including booster).

Perhaps she means the QR code on the One Health Pass app; yes, you’ll need that. But you don’t need a QR code for the Covid test itself. You’ll also need travel insurance for the duration of your stay with 35,000 $ (USD) minimum Covid coverage. 

The BOI’s wastebook page and PAL’s website tend to have the most up to date info on what’s required. 

Edited by Gator

fototek1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

Perhaps she means the QR code on the One Health Pass app; yes, you’ll need that. But you don’t need a QR code for the Covid test itself. You’ll also need travel insurance for the duration of your stay with 35,000 $ (USD) minimum Covid coverage. 

The BOI’s wastebook page and PAL’s website tend to have the most up to date info on what’s required. 

My wife said since we are traveling together no travel insurance is needed. Her source is https://immigration.gov.ph/#advisory 

image.png

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, fototek1 said:

My wife said since we are traveling together no travel insurance is needed. Her source is https://immigration.gov.ph/#advisory 

image.png

You are intending on Balikbayan status so are correct. Nothing has changed for entry requirements for awhile now so BI Facebook or advisories are still in effect as of this day.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

New rules

Monkeypox vaccination certificate required or 40 days quarantine. 

Just kidding :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

New rules

Monkeypox vaccination certificate required or 40 days quarantine. 

Only for those coming to see the ladyboys.  It says so in the Hindu Times so it must be true.

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Only for those coming to see the ladyboys.  It says so in the Hindu Times so it must be true.

Stay safe, don't share bananas?

Asking for a friend. :shades:

• Haha 4

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

The travel health insurance is good to have even if it isn't required. Traffic accidents are the reason why. In my opinion being in traffic in the Philippines is a far greater danger than anything else, with the possible exception of walking alone in Tondo at night and similar ill-advised behavior.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Guy F. said:

The travel health insurance is good to have even if it isn't required. Traffic accidents are the reason why.

Covid insurance is good ONLY for Covid so unless you catch covid off the car as it hits you . . . . 

temp.jpg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Covid insurance is good ONLY for Covid so unless you catch covid off the car as it hits you . . . . 

temp.jpg

I'll be applying for travel health insurance soon Dave. What I'm looking at will include illnesses and covid well over the required amount.

Guy brings up a good point. Insurance covering accidents like being hit by trike or angry husbands, fathers and the like is worthwhile too. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1