McDonalds prices around the world

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Pointing with the chin, lips or lifting eyebrows is what makes Filipino endearing.  Get used to it.  As much as Filipinos want to become more Western, certain old habits remain.  

When I first came to the Philippines 20 years ago I was sat on a pebbles beach with the wife, I was a bit bored so started to throw pebbles at coconuts that had fallen. evertime I hit a coconut she would say 'Excuse me' I asked why do you say that? She says you might hit a fairy.  

• Haha 2

Colsie
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2022 at 10:30 AM, hk blues said:

Hear you!

My wife has a habit of sitting down without telling me what she wants and then doing that thing with her chin to point in the general direction of the 12×3 board. Alternatively, she will mouth her choice which is equally useless. Another is 'the usual' as if she always orders the same thing.

It's litte wonder fast food is anything but here!

All part of the fun!

This reminds me of when a friend and his partner were meeting me at a restaurant just off a busy road in Tagbilarin, Bohol... 

He was late, he had got lost because is wife had been navigating and didn't tell him to turn left turn in the busy traffic...but, apparently she'd pursed her lips and directed him to turn with her chin :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/5/2022 at 2:50 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

It must really depend on the location.  There is a McD's close to Crown Regency in Cebu that is always crowded at breakfast and none that I see (unless I look in a mirror) are over 25.  I think they are either students or just working near there.  I don't ask.

I'm at Starbucks SM Seaside Cebu City.  My coffee and cookie cost p200.  Waited 10 minutes in line.  Most of these people are spending much more than that.

IMG20220711164836.jpg

IMG20220711170039.jpg

IMG20220711171947.jpg

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2022 at 9:47 PM, JJReyes said:

The emphasis in the West is independent thinking.  You have individuals order what they want.  The Philippines is herd mentally.  Just order for everyone and be done.  If you are in a Filipino restaurant, the group is seated, and one person goes to the turo-turo counter or talks to the waiter.  

I just have my brother in-law drive if there’s a possibility we might order fast food, it’s more comical for me to watch him do it. I don’t think he’s ever gotten an order correctly yet, I know  enough tagalog to tell exactly when he screws up, I’m actual better at ordering in english than he is in tagalog. If my wife is the one who got shorted it’s hell to pay but he always blames it on the mcdonald’s  employees.

• Haha 1