Divorce bill refiled

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

She would be arrested, he wouldn't unless they can prove he knew she was married.

they would both be arrested

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kingpin said:

She would be arrested, he wouldn't unless they can prove he knew she was married.

Several times recently couples were publicly arrested and in once case the they were dragged out of bed and taken to jail. 

Another thing to consider is if the guy is a Foreigner there could be charges or arrest because the authority's smell money.

Edit; Not saying you are specifically wrong Kingpin being this is Philippines no telling what could happen. There's a right way a wrong way and Filipino ways. Just sayin! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Old55 said:

Several times recently couples were publicly arrested and in once case the they were dragged out of bed and taken to jail.

I read about those, all locals. Like you said anything can happen, but unmarried foreigners aren't often arrested for adultery here.

14 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

they would both be arrested

Probably not.

Edited by Kingpin

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

I read about those, all locals. Like you said anything can happen, but unmarried foreigners aren't often arrested for adultery here.

Probably not.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/514295/briton-mistress-caught-in-the-act-in-moalboal

CEBU CITY, Philippines – A Briton and his mistress landed in jail after they were caught together inside a house in Moalboal town, southwestern Cebu on Tuesday, July 4.

Moalboal Police Station confirmed arresting the two adults sleeping inside a bedroom in a residential house in Brgy. Tuble, also in Moalboal, around 1:40 p.m. on Tuesday.

The Briton was married and with an address in a gated subdivision in Brgy. Babag 2, in Lapu-Lapu City, located approximately 86 kilometers north of Moalboal.

Police Captain Etelberto Timagos, chief of the Moalboal Police Station, said the 36-year-old British man’s wife sought their assistance after suspecting her husband’s infidelity. The house where the suspects had been arrested reportedly happened to be a conjugal property of the married couple.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

what are you basing that on?    If charges are filed they will get arrested. 

Lee1154
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/16/2023 at 12:11 AM, KrisT said:

There is a more recent version of this effort - would post here, but file exceeds allowable size. In the senate, as of July 8, 2023, S. No. 288. I'm here with someone married, but separated, and saving for the annulment process. Had some hopes divorce would arrive first, but unlikely.

Save your money!!!  Rich people can get a divorce but the common people wait, wait, wait and wait.  Seven years is a normal time period.  Voice of experience.  Have you ever heard of the Solicitor General office?  I did all the research that I could and never read one word about it and none of the lawyers ever mentioned it.  

Went to the attorney.  Judge granted the divorce and then the Solicitor General filed a petition and now 5 years later, still waiting or I should say that she is still waiting.  The whole thing is a money trap.

Edited by Lee1154
  • Sad 1

Lee1154
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Technically true but he would be arrested and would sit in jail for years waiting for his day in court.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lee1154 said:

Save your money!!!  Rich people can get a divorce but the common people wait, wait, wait and wait.  Seven years is a normal time period.  Voice of experience.  Have you ever heard of the Solicitor General office?  I did all the research that I could.  Went to the attorney.  Judge granted the divorce and then the Solicitor General filed a petition and now 5 years later, still waiting or I should say that she is still waiting.  The whole thing is a money trap.

You've definitely got the money trap part correct. From my research the vast majority take just over 2 years and come in at around 250k peso. A couple of disgruntled expats have posted that their partners were turned down and interestingly a few seperated before the annulnment went through so maybe a blessing in disguise. 

I've now changed my thoughts on the process and maybe the legal repercussions should be dropped if the couple can prove they have been seperated for a minimum of two years but the annulnment still having to go through the system. I see too many fall in love here and want to get married within months, maybe the delay will make them wake up and smell the coffee.  

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

he would be arrested

4 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

they will get arrested. 

Instead of all the assumptions, do you have any sources, or even just one single verified source, where an unmarried foreigner was arrested for adultery in the Philippines?

• Like 1