Divorce bill refiled

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Instead of all the assumptions, do you have any sources, or even just one single verified source, where an unmarried foreigner was arrested for adultery in the Philippines?

to end the tit for tat, my point was merely to just be careful, as it is against the law in this country

• Like 4

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

to end the tit for tat, my point was merely to just be careful, as it is against the law in this country

I'll take that as a 'no', good to see you're walking back your original statement.

Some more context for others who may also be unfamiliar with the law:

Article 433 reads:

Adultery is committed by any married woman who shall lie with a man who is not her husband and by a man who has carnal knowledge of her, knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void.

Under this article two elements are essential to the conviction of either party, assuming for the moment that they can be convicted separately: (1) the woman must be married and (2) the carnal relation with a man not her husband must exist. If either of these is not present a conviction of either party is impossible. But note that another element is necessary to convict the man. It must be shown that he knew the woman was married. Mere carnal relations with a married woman is not adultery as to the man whether he is married or single. A man married or single cannot commit adultery. A married man may sustain relations with an unmarried woman and be guilty of no crime so long as he does not commit concubinage. Groizard says in the 5th volume of his commentaries on the Penal Code at page 17:

To our legislators adultery is not a violation of the laws relating to marriage. It is a violation of those laws only when it is committed by a woman. The husband can break those laws without committing the crime of adultery.

The husband may lie with a woman not his wife without committing adultery. Not so the wife. When she lies with a man not her husband she is guilty of adultery. She, in other words, is, in reality, the only person capable of committing the crime of adultery under the law of the Philippine Islands.

- https://lawphil.net/judjuris/juri1916/dec1916/gr_11895_1916.html

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kingpin said:

I'll take that as a 'no', good to see you're walking back your original statement.

Some more context for others who may also be unfamiliar with the law:

good lord dude, for the man it is called Concubinage, in the case we are talking about I would guess he is having sex with his partner, and is living with her.... it is illegal, and he could go to jail.  

• Like 1