ECC cost

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Anyone know what the cost for a tourist ECC is these days.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes It Is GIF

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You have probably done it by now.  Is it still 800 pesos like 2 1/2 years ago?

• Thanks 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Could anyone also confirm if it still can be done at the airport before departure (if stayed for less than 1 year)? It used to be the case in NAIA before the pandemic, not sure about Cebu.

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jimdones said:

Could anyone also confirm if it still can be done at the airport before departure (if stayed for less than 1 year)? It used to be the case in NAIA before the pandemic, not sure about Cebu.

Jimdones, I've never done it at the airport, I've always done it at the local provincial office here in Tacloban...with covid, its been a few years ago since I've done it...picked up a form last week along with my ACR card...for some reason the page is not A4 its longer. 

The ECC is only valid for a month, so plan to drop the form off a week or soo before departure date. 

20220710_145153~2.jpg

Edited by Colsie
Replaced eligible picture of ECC form

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Colsie said:

for some reason the page is not A4 its longer. 

Foolscap sized paper, it's the standard here rather than A4.  

• Like 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

I had it done the beginning of April Jolly and the cost was 2500 peso, but they wanted to take 3 days to do it.  I only had 2 days until the flight so I employed a fixer friend to walk it through and I had it in a little over an hour.  I paid a total of 5000p.  It was worth it for me to not have to wait and walk away with my letter in hand in an hour or so.  FYI.....don't forget  to bring photos of yourself.  I didn't bring mine so it cost me an additional 500p. For me it's good to have a "friend" at the local BI.  Also Dave, yes you can get it done at the airport (at least at Manila for sure and not completely sure at Cebu).  It cost more and you need to have 3+ hours layover time to get it done, from what I was told.  Make sure you have all of your visa stamp receipts if applicable, and of course your photos.  I was told the cost is 3500p.  This info comes from a friend who got his ECC at the Manila airport.  Hope that helps.  Good Travels. :cheersty:

• Like 2

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've done it at NAIA for 1200p at the end of 2020. I doubt the price tripled. You just do it at passport control when you exit the country. No picture required, only ACR supposedly, which they didn't even check for.

I'm curious about Cebu though.

Edited by jimdones
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, jimdones said:

Could anyone also confirm if it still can be done at the airport before departure (if stayed for less than 1 year)?

Its actually 6 months. Or 6 months or more so any stay over that an ECC is required

Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/10/2022 at 5:07 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

You have probably done it by now.  Is it still 800 pesos like 2 1/2 years ago?

No wont be getting it unit August. I have done it before but could not remember the cost but it appears to be P1210 from a bit of searching and one answer here.