ECC cost

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, jimdones said:

I've done it at NAIA for 1200p at the end of 2020. I doubt the price tripled. You just do it at passport control when you exit the country. No picture required, only ACR supposedly, which they didn't even check for.

I'm curious about Cebu though.

In 2020 because of Covid the BI allowed everyone to get the ECC at any international airport. I dont know if this is still the case so I will ask the BI on Facebook.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1248708/bi-allows-temporary-visa-holders-to-get-eecs-at-international-airports

• Like 2

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Its actually 6 months. Or 6 months or more so any stay over that an ECC is required

Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;

You need an ECC if staying over 6 months, could do it at the airport if stayed less than 1 year (true for 2020). Over 1 year, need to go to BI office for ECC no matter what.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/photos/starting-may-4-2015-regular-ecc-may-be-secured-at-the-airport-for-foreign-nation/546868588785186/

Zoom in on section 1b. This was issued in 2015, held true in 2020. What about now though. To be honest I don't see why this should change, but a confirmation from someone who's actually done it recently would be helpful.

Edited by jimdones
  • Like 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Amazing how one can openly doubt someone when they're just trying to help them.

Edited by Peaceful John

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, jimdones said:

I've done it at NAIA for 1200p at the end of 2020. I doubt the price tripled. You just do it at passport control when you exit the country. No picture required,

Jim, it puzzles me how you can openly doubt something that's fact and that you have no idea about.  And yes, the photo is 100% required.  But then again, some people just need to doubt.

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've done it so I guess I do have an idea about it. At the airport you do it at passport control (when you get your passport stamped on the way out, there a small booth to the right of the passport control stands). They may skip the photo requirement there as opposed to at a BI office.

Edited by jimdones

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, jimdones said:

Zoom in on section 1b. This was issued in 2015, held true in 2020. What about now though. To be honest I don't see why this should change, but a confirmation from someone who's actually done it recently would be helpful.

Well I asked the BI, I can only assume it depends on how long one has been here. The answer I  got was, 

Kindly coordinate the BI office in Cebu. Thank you

BI answer-ECC.PNG

Anyway I will be doing mine at the office and Know it will be in my hand and one less thing to stress about. 

• Like 2

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Jollygoodfellow, my experiences with the BI facebook chat has been similar to yours the couple of times I contacted them. Even if they do give a meaningful reply, I'd still verify with the relevant office by phone or in person, since the actual office may have a different 'opinion' and that's the one that will eventually stick.

Edited by jimdones